Previous UPNP2 version?

The UPnP Media Server V2 App can turn your NAS into your home's multimedia streaming server.
As long as you have devices that support UPnP or DLNA (for example, SONY BRAVIA TV, SAMSUNG TV or PlayStation 3),
you can directly browse and stream the media files stored on your NAS.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Auberon2k
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Previous UPNP2 version?

Post by Auberon2k »

Anyone know where I can find an apk for the previous version of UPNP2 (prior to 1.0.1.r92)? This new one is just not right, I really should not have updated it when ADM updated....
ho66es

Re: Previous UPNP2 version?

Post by ho66es »

having problems with mine too
608t
Auberon2k

Post by Auberon2k »

Still no responses. The latest UPnP2 works *mostly* fine for me if I disable the transcode functions. With them enabled I have certain files that won't play at all. I had this issue 2 or three updates ago, Asustor identified the problem and corrected it, now it's back again. Seems to be acting odd in general. On my PS3 I used to be able to fast forward or reverse, pop up a scene select and skip into videos. This all freezes the playback completely now. Also when watching a series it has a DLNA error when switching to the next video - which then plays fine (with the aforementioned bugs).

Maybe I'll peek into the configs with winscp.
Auberon2k

Post by Auberon2k »

And now I've discovered the fault/bug. The latest version of UPnP2 is not correctly identifying the AgentString for the clients. My PS3 is showing up as Generic UPnP/DLNA device and therefore the DEFAULT.conf profile is called instead of the PS3 profile which outlines the proper filetype comptibilities and such. I'm going to register this in a support ticket
ho66es

Post by ho66es »

using 1.0.1.r99 here, seems to be working for me. Think I got that after reporting a bug. So best bet seems to be to open a support ticket
608t
Auberon2k

Post by Auberon2k »

Oh? Lets hope they shoot me that. I'm currently at 1.0.1.r92 which is the latest AppCentral version. I figured out a work around. Changing the UMS.conf file to alter the default rendering profile to PS3. Now so many little issues vanished. It seemed to just use the DEFAULT profile for every client. On the PS3 this caused a few glitches. Seeking didn't work, fast forward or reverse also. These caused the playback to freeze, had to completely exit the video and then it would start from the beginning, no resume. Also a DLNA error would pop when shifting between episodes, but wouldn't interrupt things. After switching the default renderer playback of videos starts *WAY* quicker (my wife noticed this immediately), the seek and other functions work fine. And no error between tracks. So I'm definitely on the right track.

Return to “UPnP Media Server 2”