Stopping app via CLI or script

SoundsGood is a Web music player that allows you to listen to all the music stored on your NAS via a Web browser. It supports browsing by artist, album or folder along with keyword searches to help you quickly find the music you want to listen to. The easy to use interface lets you effortlessly create playlists, creating a personalized listening experience. Additionally, SoundsGood supports ASUSTOR NAS’s multimedia playback interface allowing you to connect speakers to the NAS via HDMI, USB or audio jack, turning SoundsGood into your local music player.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Hooky
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Stopping app via CLI or script

Post by Hooky »

Does anyone know how to stop Soundsgood from running via a command over SSH or a script?

I've tried using /CONTROL/Start-stop.sh stop, and this doesn't seem to stop everything the way it does when you click the 'off' button in the Appcentral web interface.

Many thanks
orion

Re: Stopping app via CLI or script

Post by orion »

How about stop, then start again (i.e., disable soundsgood and enable soundsgood)?
Hooky

Post by Hooky »

Hey, I'm not really sure what you mean? Using that Start-stop.sh script function, you can seemingly start and stop it... but it doesn't 'properly' stop everything that it does, all the processes or whatever...

Are you saying there's a command 'disable soundsgood'?
orion

Post by orion »

Hooky wrote:Hey, I'm not really sure what you mean? Using that Start-stop.sh script function, you can seemingly start and stop it... but it doesn't 'properly' stop everything that it does, all the processes or whatever...

Are you saying there's a command 'disable soundsgood'?
Oh, I mean "./start-stop.sh stop" and "./start-stop.sh start". However, after I tried, it does not work. When I selected "enable local audio output", "./start-stop.sh stop" can stop the current music. But the web cgi (from my connected PC that running soundsgood) will play the next music in the playlist. It means that soundsgood is actually running on client side, rather than NAS.
Anyway, I think it's a feasible to stop soundsgood at NAS side (not current version at least, I think). And you can send a feature request to asustor.
Hooky

Post by Hooky »

Ok, thanks for checking. And yes, I think they'll have an email coming from me.

Return to “SoundsGood”