virtualbox, gdrive, optware, squid, bind9

Got a feature request? Great! Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

igracgq
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

virtualbox, gdrive, optware, squid, bind9

Post by igracgq »

Just picked up as-602 and I like what I see so far. I have a an old qnap device and wanted to upgrade to a new NAS and given the price difference between ts-269 pro (with same specs, yet double the price) asustor was no brainer. I do wish that asustor had virtalbox, squid, gdrive, optware (as it provivides additional 1000 packages) or get chrooted debian with apt-get, bind9 would be nice too as a DNS server

Good job so far
AS-602 with 3GB ram, 4TB WD Red

Qnap TS-119, DD-WRT Linksys 310n, WDlxTV player, RasperryPi OpenELEC
Shawn.S@AST

Re: virtualbox, gdrive, optware, squid, bind9

Post by Shawn.S@AST »

Thanks for the kind encouragement! We will for sure study these tools and see if we can make them available soon. Now we are onto vpn server, photo gallery, aimusic, asportal, video downloader etc..Really hope to have even more engineering resources for a lot of interesting functions !!!
igracgq

Post by igracgq »

Yes, having the adequate resources is the key these days. Hopefully Asus gives the asustor division more of it. I guess in the mean time if anyone really wanted a package bad enough they could always compile from source. Does asustor have the necessary compiling tools preinstalled in order for own installation from source to work? This way I could install virtuabox, bind9, openremote, squid, asterix myself (and wouldn't really need the optware packages or chroote debian tools to install these applications... or wouldn't have to wait for asustor to develop these as packages). So would that be an option?

Moreover, I agree that developing the OS for asustor is key and like that youa are concentrating on vpn server, photo gallery, aimusic, asportal, video downloader etc. Any plans to integrate mail server or LDAP server into the OS? Also an Antivirus and Socks Proxy in the download station would be a nice feature

Thanks

Shawn.S@AST

Post by Shawn.S@AST »

Thanks once again ! Currently we provide all the necessary sdk and toolchain in developer.asustor.com. You can kindly take a look to see if it's suitable. And we do have mail server in plan and anti virus app with 3rd party development now.
Kapitein Haak

Post by Kapitein Haak »

Shawn.S@AST wrote:Thanks once again ! And we do have mail server in plan and anti virus app with 3rd party development now.
Hello Shawn,

I believe the AV will be included in the upcoming 2.1 firmware release (next two weeks or so). Do you have a timeframe on a mailserver or are you still looking into it?

Best regards,
Kapitein Haak.
"What would the world be like without Captain Hook?"
---
"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum" (A wise man doesn't piss into the wind), only in Amsterdam:
https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.36289,4. ... 312!8i6656
MrK

Post by MrK »

Hey,

I created a package for Squid 3.4.4 for ASUSTOR. Maybe someone could give it a go? Works fine for me but I don't use Squid daily.

Squid 3.4.4 for ASUSTOR AS-20xT/AS-20xTE & AS-30xT
Squid 3.4.4 for ASUSTOR AS-60xT

The cache manager interface (<NAS IP>/squid) has got no password set.
After some feedback or 2 weeks I'll submit to the app store.

cu
Thomas
Storage: AS-202T | AS-604T (borrowed)
PC/Laptop: iMac 27" & rMBP 15"
Media Server/Player: Plex on ASUSTOR NAS & Samsung TV
igracgq

Post by igracgq »

I installed it on my TS-602 no problem. But when I try to surf through proxy via my browser, it keeps on getting me the Access denied error message. In the past when I had it running through QNAP's Squid app, it would prompt me with username/password popup and after I enter the credentials it would work... in this scenario I don't get that, I only get the access denied squid page

MrK

Post by MrK »

igracgq wrote:I installed it on my TS-602 no problem. But when I try to surf through proxy via my browser, it keeps on getting me the Access denied error message. In the past when I had it running through QNAP's Squid app, it would prompt me with username/password popup and after I enter the credentials it would work... in this scenario I don't get that, I only get the access denied squid page
Okey, a few questions:
- Would you mind adding a screenshot?
- The relevant part of the log file? Or the complete log file?
- Can you access the cache manager?
- And are you using IPv6? I use a Sixxs tunnel and it didn't work because my network wasn't allowed. Not such problem with IPv4 cause all the private networks are already included.

> it would prompt me with username/password
I haven't set anything in Squid about authentication. What username/password did you have to enter (don't give me the password ;) - same as access to NAS?
igracgq

Post by igracgq »

Here is the attchment

I'm using IP4 on my home network

The username/password that I had to enter with QNAP's squid package is my admin username and my NAS password
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (121.79 KiB) Viewed 10902 times

MrK

Post by MrK »

igracgq wrote:Here is the attchment

I'm using IP4 on my home network

The username/password that I had to enter with QNAP's squid package is my admin username and my NAS password
What is the subnet you are on at home? One of the private ranges? The below ranges are allowed per default (/usr/local/AppCentral/squid/etc/squid.conf)

Code: Select all

acl localnet src 10.0.0.0/8 # RFC1918 possible internal network
acl localnet src 172.16.0.0/12  # RFC1918 possible internal network
acl localnet src 192.168.0.0/16 # RFC1918 possible internal network
If your network is a different net you have to add it to squid.conf. And how did you set the proxy? On for all proctoll (which how I tested it)?

Return to “Feature Requests”