move finished files to a folder?

Download Center is an excellent download manager allows you to easily download and save files to your NAS. Your NAS can effectively replace your computer in helping you with any download jobs.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

plj
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

move finished files to a folder?

Post by plj »

Can we set a folder to move the finished files to (like in transmissionBT)? Or is this a feature request :)
Radioactive

Re: move finished files to a folder?

Post by Radioactive »

Hi Plj

Yes, you can!
Have you install Download Center on your NAS?
If yes, go Download Center > Preferences (gear icon) > General tab, in the Directory section, you can click Browse to change the default download directory.
I have attached a screenshot, you can take it as your reference.

Have a great day :D
Attachments
BT.png
BT.png (46.63 KiB) Viewed 7188 times
plj

Post by plj »

Thanks for this feedback :) I mis read the GUI and though it was the "unfinished" path. I'll try this when I'm home!
plj

Post by plj »

The path works as I originally expected, it is just the download path. What I'm looking for is that the download manager MOVES the files that are complete to another directory (called "complete" for example). So I can see immediately what was finished and start processing them.
plj

Post by plj »

This works once you access the download application on the NAS using the Transmission Remote GUI application on you PC. You can set a incoming directory & download (completed) directory.

This also makes it easy to click a torrent link in your browser and open the Transmission Remote GUI automatically. This doesn't work correctly (yet) with the Aaustor download assistent.

Gr Paul
canufrank

Post by canufrank »

Second on this feature request. I would like to be able to see which have completed so I can process the files.

Also, please tell me what "Remove completed downloads automatically" does? Does it stop seeding them? Does it move them to a folder like the feature request?

But, thanks plj for steering me to Transmission Remote GUI- the interface is much more feature-rich.

Return to “Download Center”