This action cannot be completed because there is already a docker-ce folder inside the Web shared folder

Docker containers wrap a piece of software in a complete filesystem that contains everything needed to run: code, runtime, system tools, system libraries – anything that can be installed on a server. This guarantees that the software will always run the same, regardless of its environment.
beast69
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

This action cannot be completed because there is already a docker-ce folder inside the Web shared folder

Post by beast69 »

Hi,

I have an issue after trying to update Docker yesterday.
Every time I try to update or start Docker I get this error:

I tried to remove the folder like mentioned in another thread with
sudo rmdir /usr/local/webman/docker-ce
But even after confirmation that the folder is gone, when I try to start or update Docker, I have the same error, and the folder reappears
Am I deleting the right one?!?!

Can anyone help me out, I don't want to lose my containers, and their config, special Sonnar which is a bitch to set up properly.
ADM: 4.3.1.R6C1
Docker: 25.0.3.r1

Thank you
AS5304T
4-x 4 tera Iron Wolf
Raid 5
Nazar78

Re: This action cannot be completed because there is already a docker-ce folder inside the Web shared folder

Post by Nazar78 »

Probably there's remnants of the app running, try killing it or reboot. I've encountered this issue few times and removing that folder fixed it. Else you'll have to get someone look into your NAS like opening a ticket with Asustor Support.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
beast69

Re: This action cannot be completed because there is already a docker-ce folder inside the Web shared folder

Post by beast69 »

Hi,
Thank you for the help but seems a no-go in my case, I deleted the folder, restarted the NAS tried to bring Docker online, and had the same error and the folder is recreated.

But I did fix my problem and here's what I did if it can help someone else

I backup manually the Docker folder with the folder of the containers just in case and also usr/local/AppCentral folder
I uninstalled docker, it will force you to also uninstall all the apps running in docker (to my surprise the Docker folder and subfolders weren't removed)
I reinstall Docker, ADGuard, Portainer, Jacket,Transmission-OpenVPN and Sonarr

They all retain their configurations like nothing ever happened, so so so happy not that have to reconfigure Sonarr.
AS5304T
4-x 4 tera Iron Wolf
Raid 5

Return to “Docker”