JDownloader2 for Docker

Docker containers wrap a piece of software in a complete filesystem that contains everything needed to run: code, runtime, system tools, system libraries – anything that can be installed on a server. This guarantees that the software will always run the same, regardless of its environment.
GreenTree2
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: JDownloader2 for Docker

Post by GreenTree2 »

Nazar78 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:18 pmTry test this:

Code: Select all

sudo iptables -FX
Test your app again. Take note, the above clears all your iptables, you'll need to reapply them again as needed (ADM Defender) including toggling docker-ce off then on, or just reboot.
So I had not flushed the ip tables but I had removed all the security settings to test if anything was preventing access but that had not worked either. I will flush the ip table after reading up on what settings it will flush and where and what I will have to apply again. Thanks mate :)
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Don't worry you don't have permanent control over the iptables, it will revert on boot or anytime you apply changes to the ADM defender, unless if you know how to manipulate it like I did as I need many extra kernel modules self-compiled for both ipv4 and ipv6 like limiting/throttling/hash-ban etc. incoming connections.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
GreenTree2

Post by GreenTree2 »

Nazar78 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:27 pmDon't worry you don't have permanent control over the iptables, it will revert on boot or anytime you apply changes to the ADM defender, unless if you know how to manipulate it like I did as I need many extra kernel modules self-compiled for both ipv4 and ipv6 like limiting/throttling/hash-ban etc. incoming connections.
So, guess what:

Code: Select all

$ iptables -L
Fatal: can't open lock file /run/xtables.lock: Permission denied
$ sudo iptables -L
Password:
sudo: iptables: command not found
$ sudo cat /run/xtables.lock
$
Similarly, iptables -FX does not have permission and sudo iptables -FX cannot find the command iptables! It's like I am practically running around in circles, looking for things which just don't work on this damned system.

I also don't understand why we don't have simple binaries of these apps and why we have to go through Docker, which is the root of problems I am unable to fix.

Ironically, a few months ago, HDT (HD-Torrents), my primary Torrent site also implemented some security system after which uTorrent stopped working on the NAS. Had to switch to qBittorent which successfully downloads 8 out of every 10 torrents I try to download. So, for the failed torrents I use my PC.

Also tried the Docker version of qBittorrent but then realized that nothing related to Docker works on my NAS because of some damned setting which is just so hard to determine and fix that it is driving me crazy now. Worst of all, the earlier version of qBittorrent is not logging in now, it keeps returning to the same username/password page after successful login and displays erroer when an incorrect username/password is given.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

You should ask someone to look into your system like Asustor Support. I'm sure it can be fixed. As said I have no such issues and no others reporting it. I'm running dozen of docker containers, custom chroot and modified LXC, each for its own purpose.

There's also the native version. You can also run it in chroot (need to setup) or LXC (Linux Center).

Or you can use the docker host network if bridge is giving you issues, just append --network host before the image.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “Docker”