ASUSTOR FS6706T Setup

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.
FPM6701
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

ASUSTOR FS6706T Setup

Post by FPM6701 »

Hello all,
Im sorry if i'm not posting this on the correct location.

So, i've recently bought an ASUSTOR NAS FS6706T, mainly to be used as a place so store my files and remote sync, while away from home.
I've managed to correctly setup nextcloud, once, with remte access. Was perfect. However, run into some troubles and had to start all over again. Perfomed a factory reset and intalled all again.

After configuring nextcloud config.php file, im not able to connect remotly. Everytime i get an error sayng that I've to configure the file. By chance, i did find something odd, that nextcloud is installed with user permissions that do not exist (user and group). And everytime i change the file i lose nextcloud access, (local, and dont even manage to get it working remotly) since user and group change.

My question is, if this is normal or did i mess with something after performing a factory reset.

Thank you all.
Nazar78

Re: ASUSTOR FS6706T Setup

Post by Nazar78 »

Did you the docker or non-docker version?
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
FPM6701

Post by FPM6701 »

Hi,

Nextcloud i installed the one from apps central (is docker).

This is the user that i get after installing the app: https://ibb.co/VqBcZnt

To edit config.php, i download the file to my pc, edit the trusted domains and upload it to NAS again. after doing it, the user and groups are updated and i lose access to nextcloud.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

JFYI user and group 33 is usually pointed to www-data used by http daemons. Where else in ADM it's uid/gid 300 as-www-data.

I've tested the docker version long ago but I'm not using it just to help someone troubleshoot without this similar issue.

Try changing the config.php permission to 644 or even 666 i.e. chmod 644 config.php see if it helps.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
FPM6701

Post by FPM6701 »

So, problem solved. by chance I found out that editing the file via ftp wouldnt change its permissions. nextcloud working just find, local and remote.

Return to “NAS Utilities”