Change JDownloader2's download location to another Volume!?

JDownloader is a free, open-source download management tool with a huge community of developers that makes downloading as easy and fast as it should be. Users can start, stop or pause downloads, set bandwith limitations, auto-extract archives and much more. It's an easy-to-extend framework that can save hours of your valuable time every day!
GreenTree2
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Change JDownloader2's download location to another Volume!?

Post by GreenTree2 »

father.mande wrote:
> Hi,
> [quote=GreenTree2 post_id=51988 time=1716050927 user_id=12600]
> Can someone please help me figure out how to get out of the default
> folders? My installation of JDownloader will only allow me to navigate
> within the installation of the ASUSTOR OS and will not allow me to access
> the Mounts or Volumes which renders JDownloader virtually useless in my
> situation. I need it to save to \Volume2\Downloads. Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> A.
> [/quote]
>
> If [b]/volume2/Downloads[/b] is an existing folder and/or share (created by
> you using ADM WebUI), just go to [b]mydowload [/b](
> https://my.jdownloader.org/ ) ... use ADM icons in WebUI or enter the URL
> ... login with your account and password ... then select settings (top
> left) and change the first field [color=#0000FF]Default Download
> Folder[/color] by entering /volume2/what you have ... after just use button
> : restart jd ...
>
> [color=#FF0000][b]Attention [/b][/color]Path is Linux so used :
> /xxx/yyy/zzz ([color=#0000FF][b]/[/b][/color] [b][color=#FF0000]NOT \
> [/color][/b])
> Philippe.

Hi,

Thanks for the kind assistance. I believe that I am using a version which does not allow to do what you have explained as it has no such icons to do what you explained. Further, I have explored all the setting options and the only path visible to Jdownloader is the folder where ASUSTOR OS is stored.

Another user has very kindly offered assistance. Waiting to try the way explained in the other post as I am using that version of Jdownloader. Hoping that will resolve my issue. Thanks.

Regards,
A.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Ssh into the NAS as admin, change the path below /share/Download/JDownloader2 to the share of your volume2 created in the ADM Access Control -> Shared Folders then copy & paste everything and enter:

Code: Select all

sudo su -

docker rm -f JDownloader2 2>/dev/null

docker create -i -t --name=JDownloader2 \
	-p 15800:5800 \
        -p 15900:5900 \
        -p 3129:3129 \
	-e USER_ID=$(id -u admin) \
	-e GROUP_ID=$(id -g admin) \
	-e ENABLE_CJK_FONT=1 \
	-v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \
    -v /share/Docker/JDownloader2/Config:/config:rw \
    -v /share/Download/JDownloader2:/output:rw \
	--restart=unless-stopped \
    jlesage/jdownloader-2:v1.7.2

docker start JDownloader2
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
GreenTree2 wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2024 1:03 am Hi,
Thanks for the kind assistance. I am indeed using the Docker version and would rather use this version as the other version requires the Web Server to be functional which I have disabled based on ASUSTOR best practices. I recall a couple of years ago I was using Jdownloader without any problems; probably deleted the app when I no longer needed it. However, ever since I reinstalled it again, a few weeks ago, I have been unable to use it because of the problem explained in my earlier post.
Web server is only used (not require) in jdownloader2 native to redirect to "https://my.jdownloader.org/index.html" and it's all
... so web server can be bypassed using a simple favorite in web browser to this site (from any place) ... :D

Asustor don't require to disable web server (too many constraints) but to change the port (80 and 443) and to NOT forward external port to it if not necessary (or use a proxy) ...

Last, even you are welcome, use docker sub-forum or patrick sub-forum to get help on docker version ... don't post in native sub-forum ... and I (or other) don't write response not useful for you. If you are concerned by security (as you write about web server) ... for my own, I never used software in containers with not a full control ... and docker is an open door to modified version of some software not visible by user ... but you are the master in your castle and do what you want ... it's free it's Linux ... :lol: :lol:

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

father.mande wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2024 8:17 pm docker is an open door to modified version of some software not visible by user
Just ensure you're pulling images that's from a verified and/or official source, with source codes available in git which you can even build your own if needed using docker build with additional OS hardening (paranoid mode, most tech companies does this) and don't run privileged containers. Besides hypervisors/VMs, containers are amazingly useful with less to no overhead, docker/podman/LXC etc. provided if you know what you're doing. Even official native repos are not 100% safe, e.g. Google for CVE-2024-3094. Just my honest opinion...
Internal:
External 5 Bay USB3:

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Good opinion, even my own experience is less positive ... but :D ... I am so limited ...
BUT if you are true ... I think my only solution is to remove all my APKG native if docker (or other) containerized solution exist, because the total stupidity is to have multiple copy of same software ... if no reason exist.
No problem at all ... so now no more conflict to get the correct solution.
Just my honest opinion ;) :lol: :lol:

Thanks for your help.
Regards.
Philippe.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Don't get me wrong, old school folks like myself still prefer native. Majority I still use native apps, some self compiled. Containers however seems to be the future. More tech companies including Developers/DevOps/SysAdmins etc. are now using them because they are easier to deploy and manage albeit the learning curve so I'm just keeping up with the trending.
Internal:
External 5 Bay USB3:

father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Just to confirm ... nothing against you and your activity ... just a generic advice ... Perhaps I am out of actual fashion ... in lot of company docker image are packaged, but when you ask about support (even on ADM part) ... nothing just help come from others users like you ... Asustor have lot of docker APKG ... so easy to just increase catalog (even with pseudo independent integrator ... so never official)
I have work some time on LXC, Docker, namespace (myHD is a namespace) and up to write (in the past) some cookbook for another NAS brand ... but also how it's easy to introduce bad things inside image if you are not the creator ... or break a containers to follow some modification in run command or rebuilding the container . So my opinion is always that containers are good if you know how and who generate it and how extract components if you want by security.

Out this discussion (be sure it's my last message on the subject :D ) ... it's always stupid to have same software in different integration and different configuration ... the example of jdownloader2 is a good example.

And because I think that Patrick (Asustor ?) have better access to all model including new one and new ADM ... and create a docker container, in an APKG, is a small (APKG) part of the job ... Docker require les works and no support ...

APKG is just for me a method to share part of applications I integrate to help others ... It's really easy for me to just stop ... I will continue for my own (including my own docker but 100% controlled by me).

Sorry for wasting your time in this stupid (my fault) discussion.

Regards.
Philippe.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

I understand and know how easy it is to inject and obfuscate/encrypt malicious codes into almost any vm/container/package/binary where unless one is properly trained to trace these vulnerabilities, it's hard to be detected by common folks.

This discussion is also good to spread awareness and to each his/her own as it's a free Linux world.

But be it containers or apkg or whatever, no matter what, please don't stop your contributions to the community, we and myself really appreciate what you're doing. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™
Internal:
External 5 Bay USB3:

GreenTree2

Post by GreenTree2 »

father.mande wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2024 8:17 pm Hi,
GreenTree2 wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2024 1:03 am Hi,
Thanks for the kind assistance. I am indeed using the Docker version and would rather use this version as the other version requires the Web Server to be functional which I have disabled based on ASUSTOR best practices. I recall a couple of years ago I was using Jdownloader without any problems; probably deleted the app when I no longer needed it. However, ever since I reinstalled it again, a few weeks ago, I have been unable to use it because of the problem explained in my earlier post.
Web server is only used (not require) in jdownloader2 native to redirect to "https://my.jdownloader.org/index.html" and it's all
... so web server can be bypassed using a simple favorite in web browser to this site (from any place) ... :D

Asustor don't require to disable web server (too many constraints) but to change the port (80 and 443) and to NOT forward external port to it if not necessary (or use a proxy) ...

Last, even you are welcome, use docker sub-forum or patrick sub-forum to get help on docker version ... don't post in native sub-forum ... and I (or other) don't write response not useful for you. If you are concerned by security (as you write about web server) ... for my own, I never used software in containers with not a full control ... and docker is an open door to modified version of some software not visible by user ... but you are the master in your castle and do what you want ... it's free it's Linux ... :lol: :lol:

Philippe.
Thanks again for your kind assistance.

I tried your version after failing at the Docker version. After installing JDownloader2 and setting up the Web Server, registering an account with my.jdownloader2.org; the next step is:

Step 2:
Use your desktop JDownloader and go to Settings,
then choose MyJDownloader, enter your login credentials
and connect.

How extremely helpful that guide is!! I mean how does one access JDownloader settings when the link on the app keeps opening the same my.jdownloader2.org website?? Why aren't these things straightforward???? Very frustrating at this stage at the advise on the website which does not take into consideration that the app may have been installed on a NAS and not on the PC. Also, no instructions on the app details when installing on the NAS.
GreenTree2

Post by GreenTree2 »

Nazar78 wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2024 7:30 am Ssh into the NAS as admin, change the path below /share/Download/JDownloader2 to the share of your volume2 created in the ADM Access Control -> Shared Folders then copy & paste everything and enter:

Code: Select all

sudo su -

docker rm -f JDownloader2 2>/dev/null

docker create -i -t --name=JDownloader2 \
	-p 15800:5800 \
        -p 15900:5900 \
        -p 3129:3129 \
	-e USER_ID=$(id -u admin) \
	-e GROUP_ID=$(id -g admin) \
	-e ENABLE_CJK_FONT=1 \
	-v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \
    -v /share/Docker/JDownloader2/Config:/config:rw \
    -v /share/Download/JDownloader2:/output:rw \
	--restart=unless-stopped \
    jlesage/jdownloader-2:v1.7.2

docker start JDownloader2
Thanks for your kind assistance too.

Unfortunately I could not get it to work after successfully parsing the commands above I simply get a black page and error that the app is unable to connect to the internet.

Return to β€œJdownloader2”