Handbrake

Just about everything is virtual these days. Topics relating to virutalization go here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

latinhawk
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Handbrake

Post by latinhawk »

I have installed handbrake. However, it does not do the search on the dvd. I suspect that libdvdcss is not installed. I have looked for a way to add it but can't find it.

I need help getting handbrake to work properly. Since handbrake runs on Docker I'm posting it here.
ilike2burnthing

Re: Handbrake

Post by ilike2burnthing »

Possibly related to https://github.com/jlesage/docker-handb ... ssions/302

Current release in App Central is for v23.11.4, but the latest release is v24.03.1, so if you haven't updated through Docker or Portainer you will still be affected by the issue.

If you still have the issue when using v24.03.1, follow these instructions - https://github.com/jlesage/docker-handb ... cal-drives

Unless someone here can point to some Asustor-specific solution, you'd need to start a new discussion on the GitHub repo.
latinhawk

Post by latinhawk »

According to the Handbrake logs the problem is "found optical drive /dev/sr0, but it is not usable because is not exposed to the container". Does anyone know how to correct this? Any help will be greatly appreciated. By the way it does the same if logged in as admin or user.
ilike2burnthing

Post by ilike2burnthing »

See second link above. First link has an example compose file.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Just to add, for conventional devices with permanently attached dvd/cd drives, using the docker device switch is the appropriate way. But for devices that's not permanently attached i.e. USB and with especially a modified Linux host (ADM), this can be cumbersome to work with. A simple workaround is to use the privileged switch but this brings another issue to the table, security. However if the image is from a reputable source (official repo) and you don't intend to expose the container other than private use and you really know what you're doing, it's still quite ok to use the privileged mode. I've done this for my modified Linux Center running Ubuntu Desktop 23.10 being my main entertainment system in the living room so I could stream NVIDIA shield games like Fifa23 with gamepads (either wired or bluetooth) attached to the NAS.

If you're concerned about the security risks, have some permanently attached dvd/cd devices, copy & paste all at once to run the following (attached your devices before running):

Code: Select all

docker remove -f HandBrake>/dev/null 2>&1

docker create -it --name=HandBrake \
	-p 25580:5800 \
	-e USER_ID=$(id -u root) \
	-e GROUP_ID=$(id -g root) \
	-e KEEP_APP_RUNNING=1 \
	-e ENABLE_CJK_FONT=1 \
	-e AUTOMATED_CONVERSION_USE_TRASH=1 \
	-e HANDBRAKE_DEBUG=1 \
	-v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \
	-v /share/Docker/HandBrake/config:/config:rw \
	-v /share:/storage:rw \
	-v /share/Video/HandBrake/watch:/watch:rw \
	-v /share/Video/HandBrake/output:/output:rw \
	-v /share/Video/HandBrake/trash:/trash:rw \
	$([ -e /dev/dri/renderD128 ]&&echo '--device /dev/dri') \
	$(for i in /dev/sr?;do [ -e $i ]&&echo "--device $i";done) \
	--restart unless-stopped \
	jlesage/handbrake:latest

docker start HandBrake
If you're aware of the security risks and chose to proceed, copy & paste all at once to run the following:

Code: Select all

docker remove -f HandBrake>/dev/null 2>&1

docker create -it --name=HandBrake \
	-p 25580:5800 \
	-e USER_ID=$(id -u root) \
	-e GROUP_ID=$(id -g root) \
	-e KEEP_APP_RUNNING=1 \
	-e ENABLE_CJK_FONT=1 \
	-e AUTOMATED_CONVERSION_USE_TRASH=1 \
	-e HANDBRAKE_DEBUG=1 \
	-v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \
	-v /share/Docker/HandBrake/config:/config:rw \
	-v /share:/storage:rw \
	-v /share/Video/HandBrake/watch:/watch:rw \
	-v /share/Video/HandBrake/output:/output:rw \
	-v /share/Video/HandBrake/trash:/trash:rw \
	-v /dev:/dev \
	--privileged \
	--restart unless-stopped \
	jlesage/handbrake:latest

docker start HandBrake
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
latinhawk

Post by latinhawk »

I'm a 70 year old man. I just want things to work. I see that there is a way but makes reference to something I'm no seeing in my equipment. I'll probably give up. Asustor offer this option knowing full well that the only way to add an optical drive is USB. Then why not make it so that it works by allowing USB optical drive as an option on their selected version of handbrake.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Understood your frustration, some things are just beyond the control of the manufacturers moreover HandBrake and Docker is a 3rd party application, they work slightly different in each environment and/or OS and many variables to consider.

Please don't give up, we're here as a community to help. I could offer to assist you remotely if you'd like, I do this from time to time in my free time. Lookup my previous posts/profile if you're undetermined, do let me know.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “Virtualization”