Debian 12 64 bit client stops communication

VirtualBox is a powerful x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization product for enterprise as well as home use. Not only is VirtualBox an extremely feature rich, high performance product for enterprise customers, it is also the only professional solution that is freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

hochsaler
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Debian 12 64 bit client stops communication

Post by hochsaler »

I have Asustor 6202T with latest ADM revision. I created a new VM in VirtualBox and installed Debian 12 (and did all updates) freshly. The reason is, that I installed also a document management system which is available for Debian 64 bit.

After starting the VM everything works fine for maybe 10 or 15 minutes. After that I loose all connections to the VM. This includes RDP (xrdp is installed in the Debian VM), SSH which I used for a command line to check for updates and the like and even ping which I ran in a terminal on the host machine. However, VirtualBox itself seems to be still connected to the VM. For instance, I can shutdown the VM by sending ACPI shutdown. After restarting the VM everything works fine again for a certain time, then stops again. It makes no difference when I start the VM headless.

Since the Debian VM should be a server for the document management system only and run permanently I didn°t install any other software packages. The VM is configured with a static IP address, host system and VM are in the same local network.

Any ideas?
hochsaler

Re: Debian 12 64 bit client stops communication

Post by hochsaler »

Now I made a complete new installation of a Debian VM - and suddenly it works. The VM is running now since two or three days already. It is responding every time immediately when I connect via RDP or SSH. However, I didn´t figure out what is different compared to the first installation.

Return to “VirtualBox”