Phantom MPEG files and gapless playback

The UPnP Media Server V2 App can turn your NAS into your home's multimedia streaming server.
As long as you have devices that support UPnP or DLNA (for example, SONY BRAVIA TV, SAMSUNG TV or PlayStation 3),
you can directly browse and stream the media files stored on your NAS.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Nazar78
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Phantom MPEG files and gapless playback

Post by Nazar78 »

You're almost there, only need to fix the volume bind mappings.

You'll need to prepend the correct root paths, note that you can use either /volume1/8TB (case sensitive) or /share/8TB (binded from /volume1).
To simplify things making it less confusing, setup the almost same name mappings. So I assumed your path mappings are as below:

Code: Select all

For audio (host-path:container-path):
   -v /share/8TB/Disks:/share/8TB/Jukebox #volume bind
   -e MINIDLNA_MEDIA_DIR_1=A,/share/8TB/Jukebox #env

For video (host-path:container-path):
   -v /share/Video:/share/Video #volume bind
   -e MINIDLNA_MEDIA_DIR_1=V,/share/Video #env
When you do the mappings via Portainer, ensure the "Bind" is selected, else it will expect a pre-existing docker volume. You can add more minidlna mappings by increasing the DIR_#=A/V iteration.
I tried to do an attachment of the folder list from ADM, but the it said the board was full.
Use any free image hosting like https://imgbb.com/ then post the image link(s) here.

Don't forget to also map your minidlna root folder where the config and cache are, if not they'll be place within the container and lost together with the container if you destroy the container/image. The "/etc/localtime" ensure that the container timezone matches the host.

Code: Select all

-v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
   -v /share/Docker/MiniDLNA:/minidlna
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
MoritzTheCat

Post by MoritzTheCat »

Hi Nazar,

Thanks again very much for your help.

Last night, my friend and I were able to eventually get the Portainer container up and running with some trial and error syntax on the volume binds.

From a folder navigation perspective, it's working as I had hoped. No more phantom MPEG files - it's very similar to my previous DLNA implementation.

Gapless playback is still not functioning at the moment, but I'm thinking of trying some of the other miniDLNA Docker images in new containers to see if I can resolve that issue in the future.

Folder artwork is a bit hit and miss, but I think I know what it should be named to make it display consistently going forward.

It appears though that the container is not starting "from scratch" (my definition) on each edit.

Question: is there a way to refresh EVERYTHING in a container in Portainer without deleting it and retyping everything back in? I get the feeling there is a cache or index being built behind the scenes of the folder contents that is not starting blank and rebuilding (or appending) each time out since my changes to folder contents (adding in folder/cover art) is not being reflected after a container edit.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Stop the container, delete the volume bind contents of /share/Docker/MiniDLNA/* which contains art_cache (a folder) and files.db (a sqlite3 file), then start it back up.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “UPnP Media Server 2”