Asustor, please give us a working anti-virus

ClamAV® is an open source antivirus engine for detecting trojans, viruses, malware & other malicious threats.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

satow
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Asustor, please give us a working anti-virus

Post by satow »

I have an AS6508T. I installed the ClamAV and it never updates. Why?

If ASUSTOR cannot fix the ClamAV issues, I suggest that ASUSTOR find another anti-virus for us to use and remove it from the official apps list.

If there are command-line fixes that we can use in ClamAV, then please let us know.

We can run an SSH shell and run them.
AS6404T user

Re: Asustor, please give us a working anti-virus

Post by AS6404T user »

My ClamAV updates ever day. However, you must check the "Use auto update" box and select an update interval for it do to so.
satow

Post by satow »

AS6404T user wrote:My ClamAV updates ever day. However, you must check the "Use auto update" box and select an update interval for it do to so.

Mine does not. Even with the auto update box checked. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it still doesn't work.
AS6404T user

Post by AS6404T user »

satow wrote:
AS6404T user wrote:My ClamAV updates ever day. However, you must check the "Use auto update" box and select an update interval for it do to so.

Mine does not. Even with the auto update box checked. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it still doesn't work.
If your problem is that it says (Out of date) in red, this happens very quickly as new versions become available. My ClamAV updated automatically to version 26726 at 2 a.m. this morning and it already showed (Out of date) since version 26727 was now available. Apparently, it checks for new updates even if it does not install them before the update interval (1 day in my case) has expired.
satow

Post by satow »

If your problem is that it says (Out of date) in red, this happens very quickly as new versions become available. My ClamAV updated automatically to version 26726 at 2 a.m. this morning and it already showed (Out of date) since version 26727 was now available. Apparently, it checks for new updates even if it does not install them before the update interval (1 day in my case) has expired.

And tell me how you verify that?
AS6404T user

Post by AS6404T user »

satow wrote:

And tell me how you verify that?
Verify what version is currently installed? It is shown in the control panel.
satow

Post by satow »

What I meant was how do you know if the anti-virus definition updates are installed? The program itself maybe updated only.

I even looked at the directories using SSH shell to see where the updates are going to and there is nothing to indicate that any updates have occurred given the limited commands available to us.
AS6404T user

Post by AS6404T user »

satow wrote:
What I meant was how do you know if the anti-virus definition updates are installed? The program itself maybe updated only.

I even looked at the directories using SSH shell to see where the updates are going to and there is nothing to indicate that any updates have occurred given the limited commands available to us.
It's not the program itself that updates. It clearly says "Virus Definition Update" in the Update tab. I assume they are not faking updates with bogus new virus definition versions every day.

Have you checked the log files to see if your ClamAV is trying to update and gets blocked? Perhaps you have a firewall problem?

Return to “ClamAV”