Files Suddenly Unavailable on PMS App

Plex Media Center bridges the gap between your NAS and your home theater, doing so with a visually appealing user interface that provides instant access to your media.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

ndauric
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Files Suddenly Unavailable on PMS App

Post by ndauric »

Bought the Asustor AS5304T to serve primarily as a media server (also data backup for my various pcs). Admittedly, this is all new to me, so I have been working and struggling my way through. As of yesterday, I was set up with the server-side and had the Plex app up and running on my tv, with the media library accessible to it. Successfully watched a movie and a couple shows. This morning, I needed to disconnect my pc from the NAS to do some work in a different room. Now, the files on the tv Plex app are listed as unavailable. I really don't want to have to plug my pc into the NAS (CAT6) every time I want to watch something. To be clear, all my content is on the *NAS* and not on the pc. Any thoughts on next steps? Im a bit flummoxed. Was starting to use the Asustor Portal but that didn't seem to get anywhere and I don't want a "relay connection" as I think that implies that the media would be pulled up into the internet and then sent back down in the tv .... seems like I should be able to simply "broadcast" on my home network to the tv via the Plex app?
Nazar78

Re: Files Suddenly Unavailable on PMS App

Post by Nazar78 »

Open the plex web ui then check your media library. They should be there. It could be some bug with the TV app or somewhere I'm not sure as I no longer using plex, had changed to jellyfin. The media should be serving locally not going through the internet unless you access plex via ddns and your router doesn't support NAT loopback.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
orion

Re: Files Suddenly Unavailable on PMS App

Post by orion »

I guess you select PMS library on your PC rather NAS for TV Plex app. Check settings under TV Plex app.

On the other hand, Asustor Portal is an app to setup HDMI output (display content to TV). Then, KODI (viewtopic.php?f=98&t=11335 or viewforum.php?f=227) can play media files from NAS.

Return to “Plex”