can't find google or youtube on the portal, AS5304t

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

ehrjohn
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

can't find google or youtube on the portal, AS5304t

Post by ehrjohn »

The instructions say that Google & YouTube appss are installed but I can't find them anywhere. The portal I have does not resemble the one shown in community college and labeled "Asustor Portal." My settings indicate that the Asustor portal will appear at startup. Do I need HDMI hookup as mentioned in guide? I just purchased an AS5304t and am new to Nas systems. I've got a Nvdia Shield Pro in the network to use as a streamer. The Pro sees the hard drives but playback is slow thru it. I'm trying to setup the NAS before I tackle the Pro (hoping to use KODI). I don't necessarily want to use the Nas as a media center. Hope someone has some answers. Thank you. ehrjohn
Nazar78

Re: can't find google or youtube on the portal, AS5304t

Post by Nazar78 »

Do you mean the screenshots here? https://www.asustor.com/en-gb/online/Co ... ?topic=135 They require HDMI display output.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
ehrjohn

Post by ehrjohn »

Sorry I waited to get back to the forum but I quit worrying about apps not appearing on the monitor. I have finished reading the tutorials and have figured out how to download apps to the NAS. I don't have the NAS connected by HDMI. I have it on a network by ethernet. I am going to use the NAS as a DNLA storage device for streaming files to a Nvidia streamer > my audio system > TV. Right now I'm trying to find a media player app (with a search option for DNLA) compatible with NVidia Shield.
Nazar78 I appreciate your response. Thanks!
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Try MiniDLNA? https://www.asustor.com/app_central/app ... =11&model=

I'm using Jellyfin mainly with HDMI output to the TV but Jellyfin has DLNA too which I never used.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “[Official] For AS52xx/53xx/66xx Series”