AiFoto stuck uploading iPhone photos halfway

Browse through your favorite memories from Photo Gallery while on the go or instantly upload photos that you have taken to your NAS. Additionally, all offline albums can be protected by passwords further increasing your privacy. You can also use the instant album upload function to automatically transfer photos from your mobile device to your NAS, making photo backup a breeze!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

asustorkid
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AiFoto stuck uploading iPhone photos halfway

Post by asustorkid »

Just purchased the Lokerstor 4 NAS
I would like to backup al my iPhone photos to the NAS.
My iPhone has over 6000 photos and videos.
In AIFoto it is possible to create a Task to upload iphone photos.
I selected the option of “all photos” (not “from now on”).
I kept the app open. After uploading about 3000 photos it is now permanently stuck trying to upload the remaining 3000.
I tried restarting my iPhone as well as the NAS, but no use.

Please help! How can I make this work?
asustorkid

Re: AiFoto stuck uploading iPhone photos halfway

Post by asustorkid »

Update: I also tried stopping and restarting the photo backup by toggling the On/off switch under "More" menu. What is did is quickly re run all the files from 6000 down to 3000 and then it is stuck exactly at the same place.
asustorkid

Re: AiFoto stuck uploading iPhone photos halfway

Post by asustorkid »

I think I found the root cause and I've let Asustor support know about this: The process is getting stuck where there is a zero byte .MOV file on iphone. Now don't ask me why iphone has zero byte .MOV files but they also have valid thumbnails. its just that they seem corrupted.
Anyway, looks like the app needs a bug fix to ignore these zero byte MOV files.

Return to “AiFoto”