Configuring Firewall

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

zummarius
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Configuring Firewall

Post by zummarius »

So I cannot seem to configure the firewall in a way I want in ADM Defender. I want to setup a deny-all except for my local network...however, I can't seem to specify an IP address range at all. How would I go about doing this, the ASUSTOR documentation has no details on this.
DisasterIncarnate

Re: Configuring Firewall

Post by DisasterIncarnate »

was wondering this myself, pity there is no alternative 3rd party app that does more.

Post by Nazar78 »

The AMD Defender is limited. You can however configure from the command line using iptables if you know how to use it. Google for some help. Note though the system will overwrite your iptables rules on reboot or every time you access the ADM firewall and I think some intervals which you need to intervene these with custom startup scripts and schedules.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
ccm

Post by ccm »

The correct way, as mentined above, is to deny all income connections and then specify which ones to accept. This I can do “out of the box” in my AS65 menu (for single IP addresses).

Understood, from posts above, ADM OS is using IPTABLES. Anyone tried using newer NFTABLES instead?

NFT is easier and powerful Firewall. If possible to install it then some boot time scripts might get it running permanently (and avoid system return to iptables on each reboot).

Return to “ADM general”