Upgrading AS-304T to AS5304T old disks

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Kolvord
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Upgrading AS-304T to AS5304T old disks

Post by Kolvord »

Hi all,

I have an AS-304T, first bay 4 TB HD third bay 4 TB HD, no Raid configured as single disks My PSU malfunctioned and I ordered a Nimbustor AS5304T.

When I check the documentation on the website, it says turn off old NAS, put the HDs in the new NAS and all should be fine. Well does not seem to work.

I then initialized the new NAS with another HD and tried to put the old HDs in. They show up in the disk management but as inactive.

What do I need to do to keep using the old disks? The documentation does not say sadly.

I might add i am not linux savy and only have a basic unterstanding of this stuff, so please talk to me like to an idiot, just a bit slower if you have any advice;D
orion

Re: Upgrading AS-304T to AS5304T old disks

Post by orion »

I did the same before, and it worked. I guess your old NAS ADM version might be too old. I'll suggest you to send a support request to asustor directly. They should be able to check it remotely. https://support.asustor.com/
Kolvord

Post by Kolvord »

I updated to the newest ADM Version beforehand, but yeah I am gonna contact support, cant seem to find any solution elsewhere. Thanks.
melgi

Post by melgi »

Same here: my "old" 5110T died two years ago and was out of warranty. I then bought a 6210T and pulled the drives from 5110T and put them in EXACTLY THE SAME ORDER in the new 6210T. I started the NAS up and could literally login with my old username/pw and had everything working as if nothing happened. I can't even remember that my RAID had to be rebuild, but I might be wrong in this.

Hope this helps.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G986B met Tapatalk

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”