How is it generaly operating ...

gkokk
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

How is it generaly operating ...

Post by gkokk »

Hello there, i am totally new to asustor systems and its apps. I just got an AS4004T and so i am exploring its gadgets ..

So my 1st question is : whaen I add a folder into EZ Sync, is it actually being copied to a new disk place ? Meaning that after added i will have two instances of the folder in my disk ?

Becasuse i 've already added a huge folder and now i am guessing that my filer are now being copied , is there a way to stop (kill) a process (actually a backgroung task) ??

Thanks in advance, i am looking forward for some enlightment !! :shock:
orion

Re: How is it generaly operating ...

Post by orion »

gkokk wrote:Hello there, i am totally new to asustor systems and its apps. I just got an AS4004T and so i am exploring its gadgets ..

So my 1st question is : whaen I add a folder into EZ Sync, is it actually being copied to a new disk place ? Meaning that after added i will have two instances of the folder in my disk ?

Becasuse i 've already added a huge folder and now i am guessing that my filer are now being copied , is there a way to stop (kill) a process (actually a backgroung task) ??

Thanks in advance, i am looking forward for some enlightment !! :shock:
No sure what you are talking about. You should see the status of EZ sync tasks under ADM web -> EZ SyncManager. You can manage tasks there. And you can see those files under ADM web -> File Explorer.
gkokk

Post by gkokk »

well for example i have the assustor (pre-created) "Music" folder with about 700Gb music folders in it, which i can see under the File Explorer app. When I added the same folder into EZ Sync app (Ez Sync Manager -> File -> Import), the content of "music" folder has been copied (again) and my total disk free space has been reduced.

And so I came with the question of the title "how is it generally operating ...? "

What is the exact file and folder structure of this system. I supposed that under ADM (folder) i can see the hole content of files of the "assustor" disk(s) and adding a folder (from ADM) into Ez Sync app ,i'd change this specific folder properties about syncing. Which looks like a wrong approach of the whole procedure...
orion

Post by orion »

gkokk wrote:well for example i have the assustor (pre-created) "Music" folder with about 700Gb music folders in it, which i can see under the File Explorer app. When I added the same folder into EZ Sync app (Ez Sync Manager -> File -> Import), the content of "music" folder has been copied (again) and my total disk free space has been reduced.
Then, you should see those files onto ADM web -> File Explorer -> EZ Sync.

Return to “ASUSTOR Ez Sync”