How to enable LED blinking

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

dstel
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

How to enable LED blinking

Post by dstel »

Hello,
I have a Lockerstor8. Even when having a full activity (GB of copy), I have absolutly no led blinking on the disk bays or on the LAN led. The night mode is turned off and everything seems normal. Many LEDs are just steady lit. It just looks like this all the time:
[fimg=]http://www.avertek.com.sg/wp-content/up ... 508T_F.png[/fimg]
Alive but not working. Only one disk led per bay is lit.

Do I miss something here? The version of ADM is 3.5.1.R8C1.
Last edited by dstel on Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
orion

Re: How to enable LED blinking

Post by orion »

As far as I know, the front network LED is just a link status. It's not blinking. However disk LED should blink when you access disk. My AS-304T is just working fine. It might be a problem for your model. I'll suggest to send a support request to check it. https://support.asustor.com/
dstel

Post by dstel »

I edited. Whatever the disk is working, only the three firsts (out of height) bay led are blinking. The other are steady. I hope this can be corrected by software.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

What are your disks/raid/vol configs? Probably a bug in the led kernel module which can be fixed by software as you said. Contacting Asustor support is the best bet.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
dstel

Post by dstel »

I did contact the support and they did acknowledge a software issue that will be eventually corrected.
dstel

Post by dstel »

Solved in ADM 3.5.2.RAG2.
OzCam

Post by OzCam »

dstel wrote:Solved in ADM 3.5.2.RAG2.

(Just got my 6508 today)

This is going to haunt me until i find out.... any idea what is the *2nd* light on each tray for? Failure mode?

I just assumed one was read, one was write but i only see the top green one flash on read or write.
orion

Post by orion »

OzCam wrote: (Just got my 6508 today)

This is going to haunt me until i find out.... any idea what is the *2nd* light on each tray for? Failure mode?

I just assumed one was read, one was write but i only see the top green one flash on read or write.
Yes, the other one is for failure indicator (red LED).
OzCam

Post by OzCam »

orion wrote:Yes, the other one is for failure indicator (red LED).
Sanity saved! :-)

Reminds me of when i noticed a little button on the HP rack server I was installing and pressing it made it turn blue. It was labled uid. Spent ages looking through docs for what it was.

"Unit IDentify". There was one on the front and one on the back. You could press it to locate that device from the other side. Very useful. Or you could remotely activate it to find the server in a full machine room. Haha. Took me about 30 mins of reading docs to find that out.

Return to “[Official] For AS65xx Series”