Internal Backup Quick Question

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

botics
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Internal Backup Quick Question

Post by botics »

I have setup an internal backup and ran it (tested it several times). My question is: What use does anyone have for an internal backup even if you create a separate array for the internal backup. What is the purpose of an internal backup? How is this backup better (if at all) than backing up to another NAS or cloud?

Thank you!
orion

Re: Internal Backup Quick Question

Post by orion »

Apparently, internal backup does the backup job inside NAS, rather than outside NAS. And, of course, the speed inside NAS should be much faster than outside network speed.
botics

Post by botics »

I got that... but how do you retrieve the data? I do not see a way to back up the internal backup drives - via an external source (maybe you cannot). I can only access the folders and files on the internal backup through ADM OS and was wondering how you restore or can you?
orion

Post by orion »

NAS backup is folder base rather than drive base (mm... except RAID-1 is a kind of unusual drive backups). Of course, you can backup the folders on an external USB drive to /from NAS.

It's quite easy to restore data. You should create a backup task that enables "use 1 on 1 folder sync" at the beginning. When you restore data, simply create another task (enables "use 1 on 1 folder sync") with reversed source and destination.
botics

Post by botics »

That solves that thank you.

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”