Unable to see NAS on network

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Detroit
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Unable to see NAS on network

Post by Detroit »

Hello all,

New member hoping for some help from someone with a little more know how. I'm running a 2 bay AS-202T on my home network plugged right into my router. My desktop can see and access the NAS via Ethernet or Wifi - no problem. However my laptop cannot see the NAS either via Wifi/Ethernet access to the router or via direct Ethernet connection to the NAS. I've tried for hours playing around with my Firewall and sharing settings with no luck. I've found that I can access the NAS with the laptop via Chrome and entering the IP address, but nothing I've done has made it appear on the network. Any suggestions for something to try?

Thank you!!
Ben
orion

Re: Unable to see NAS on network

Post by orion »

You can try to map a network drive on your laptop. The drive should work as a local drive.

PS: You can use Asustor Control Center tool to map a network drive. Or any other tools.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

What Orion suggested would work. But define "cannot see". Do you mean in the Windows network folder you can't see the NAS? That needs discovery to be switched on in the private network.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
Detroit

Post by Detroit »

Hello thanks for the help.

Orion - I tried to map it as a network drive with no luck (see attached screenshot). I made sure my network discovery settings were set to on and that my media streaming option was set to on. When I try to map the network drive the NAS does not appear in the "browse" list of options.

Nazar - What I mean is the the NAS does not appear in the Windows network folder (or anywhere else from what I can tell). Please see attached screenshots.

I can't understand why my PC sees the NAS just fine but the laptop does not.
Attachments
Laptop Network Share Settings.PNG
Laptop Network Share Settings.PNG (24.92 KiB) Viewed 3936 times
Laptop Media Share Settings.PNG
Laptop Media Share Settings.PNG (32.04 KiB) Viewed 3936 times
Laptop Screenshot.PNG
Laptop Screenshot.PNG (34.5 KiB) Viewed 3936 times
PC Screenshot.JPG
PC Screenshot.JPG (68.37 KiB) Viewed 3936 times
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Try manually mapping the NAS on your laptop using its IP e.g. \\192.168.1.123\home. Right click on "This PC" then map network drive. You can also quickly use the Run (WIN+r) then copy & paste the path above.

In order for other network devices to be discoverable, the laptop current network profile
should be in private mode (refer screenshot). Open your network & internet settings (in settings or directly right click from the task bar network icon), status tab, then click "Change connection properties" for the current active connection. Or click the connected icon under ethernet or wifi which ever is currently active connection.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200817-012535_Microsoft Remote Desktop.jpg
Screenshot_20200817-012535_Microsoft Remote Desktop.jpg (223.84 KiB) Viewed 3927 times
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
orion

Post by orion »

Detroit wrote: Orion - I tried to map it as a network drive with no luck (see attached screenshot). I made sure my network discovery settings were set to on and that my media streaming option was set to on. When I try to map the network drive the NAS does not appear in the "browse" list of options.
According to your screenshot, you did not map a network drive. You should try ACC software to map a network drive. You can post screenshots of ACC software if you encountered errors.

Return to “NAS Utilities”