Sonarr 2.0.0.5338 (docker version) not allowing to see /volume1 root folder

Sonarr is a PVR for Usenet and BitTorrent users. It can monitor multiple RSS feeds for new episodes of your favorite shows and will grab, sort and rename them. It can also be configured to automatically upgrade the quality of files already downloaded when a better quality format becomes available.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

dkobelak
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Sonarr 2.0.0.5338 (docker version) not allowing to see /volume1 root folder

Post by dkobelak »

So I was running the old version of sonarr (pre docker) and just installed the newer version which runs under docker. I restored my config from previous sonarr app and only issue I am having now is that I get a message that my old root folders (volume1/Media) are missing. If i got into add new root folder, I am unable to see /volume1 or many other folders I have under that directory. I assume it has something to do with docker. Any idea how I can make this accessible so I can point to all my media? right now sonarr only lists these folders as accessible /downloads, /video, /config, /tv. I would like to be able to access /volume1 where all my data is
AS-5104T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 4x3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300;BIOS: v1.21 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2
AS-6204T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 3x8TB Seagate Ironwolf ST8000VN0022;BIOS: v2.23 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2
Nazar78

Re: Sonarr 2.0.0.5338 (docker version) not allowing to see /volume1 root folder

Post by Nazar78 »

Just bind the host path you want to appear in the container. Two ways to do this, first method is by editing the two container json files (config.v2.json/hostconfig.json) which you'll need to stop the container first then restart the main docker daemon after editing. This is not recommended unless you're very familiar with what you're about to do. Second method, just stop then remove the existing container, recreate it with the the bind you desire. I assumed you installed from the guide in docker hub since you were asking about Sonarr V3 recently?

Stop then remove existing Sonarr container "docker stop sonarr;docker rm sonarr", use "docker ps -a" if you can't remember the name or run below:

Code: Select all

SONARR=$(docker ps -a|grep -i sonarr|awk '{print $NF}') && docker stop $SONARR && docker rm -f $SONARR
Recreate the container with the bind you wanted (this is the original container created by Patrick on Asustor app central with added Media bind sample, edit as you wish):

docker create -i -t --name=Sonarr \
	-p 18989:8989 \
	-e PUID=999 -e PGID=999 \
	-v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \
	-v /volume1/Docker/Sonarr/config:/config:rw \
	-v /volume1/Docker/Sonarr/tv:/tv:rw \
	-v /volume1/Download:/downloads:rw \
	-v /volume1/Video:/videos:rw \
	-v /volume1/Media:/media:rw \
	--restart unless-stopped \
	linuxserver/sonarr:latest
Start it up:

docker start Sonarr
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
dkobelak

Post by dkobelak »

Nazar78 wrote:Just bind the host path you want to appear in the container. Two ways to do this, first method is by editing the two container json files (config.v2.json/hostconfig.json) which you'll need to stop the container first then restart the main docker daemon after editing. This is not recommended unless you're very familiar with what you're about to do. Second method, just stop then remove the existing container, recreate it with the the bind you desire. I assumed you installed from the guide in docker hub since you were asking about Sonarr V3 recently?

Stop then remove existing Sonarr container "docker stop sonarr;docker rm sonarr", use "docker ps -a" if you can't remember the name or run below:

SONARR=$(docker ps -a|grep -i sonarr|awk '{print $NF}') && docker stop $SONARR && docker rm -f $SONARR
Recreate the container with the bind you wanted (this is the original container created by Patrick on Asustor app central with added Media bind sample, edit as you wish):

docker create -i -t --name=Sonarr \
	-p 18989:8989 \
	-e PUID=999 -e PGID=999 \
	-v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \
	-v /volume1/Docker/Sonarr/config:/config:rw \
	-v /volume1/Docker/Sonarr/tv:/tv:rw \
	-v /volume1/Download:/downloads:rw \
	-v /volume1/Video:/videos:rw \
	-v /volume1/Media:/media:rw \
	--restart unless-stopped \
	linuxserver/sonarr:latest
Start it up:

docker start Sonarr
great info. thank you.. I actually ended up using Portainer app and edited the sonarr container binds. I appreciate the help!
AS-5104T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 4x3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300;BIOS: v1.21 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2
AS-6204T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 3x8TB Seagate Ironwolf ST8000VN0022;BIOS: v2.23 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2
Stik

Post by Stik »

can you please show how you did this with portainer. I am new to this whole "Docker" thing and am trying to get my head around it.

UPDATE: Got it sorted using remote path mappings within the app

Return to “sonarr”