6602T - Purchase questions

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

bonggo
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

6602T - Purchase questions

Post by bonggo »

Hi,
New to the forum and new to Asustor NAS. I am looking to buy the 6602T and purchase 2x16TB HDD for RAID1, another 4GB SO-DIMM DDR4 to increase to 8GB memory and also 1 or 2 m2.2280. A few questions please:

1. For the memory upgrade, is it ok to get non-ECC DIMM ? Can't find specs on whether existing DIMM is ECC or non-ECC.

2. For the M2.2280, this is new to me. Am I correct that this will serve as the SSD cache setup once installed ? Do I simply install 1 or 2 m2.2280, run the "storage manager" and configure as a new volume to use for caching ? If that is correct, does the m2.2280 then serve as a cache for reading/writing data on the 2x16 TB hard drives I will also install ?

3. For an install using 2x16 TB drives, what would be a recommended sizing of m2.2280 ?

thanks !
Enzo
botics

Re: 6602T - Purchase questions

Post by botics »

https://shop.asustor.com/index.php?rout ... duct_id=93

#1 This is what I will be buying when I order mine in a few minutes.
#2 / #3 NVME is setup an its own volume. It can run read/write or just read with one NVME module. The size is up to you. On my Lockerstor 10 Pro I gave 1.92 x 2 and it screams. On this unit... 512 would be the max and I will probably for with 256.

FYI - it is very difficult to get any accurate information from ASUSTOR. I have been on these units since December 2019 and my response to questions I ask always change in each email from them I get. I can only advise what I know and am using.
bonggo

Post by bonggo »

Thanks botics for the quick reply and details. Yes, difficult to find accurate accurate info for sure. From the Asustor compatible memory page, I'm going with this more memory ... way cheaper and appears supported (at least the 8GB module is, 4GB is the only difference)

https://www.amazon.com/CT4G4SFS8266-Mem ... 923&sr=8-5

Also thanks for the NVME module details. I'm actually looking at dual 500 modules.

Thanks again,
Enzo
orion

Post by orion »

bonggo wrote: 1. For the memory upgrade, is it ok to get non-ECC DIMM ? Can't find specs on whether existing DIMM is ECC or non-ECC.
It's non-ECC SODIMM. Normally if the produce spec does not specify ECC (more expensive), it should be non-ECC.
botics

Post by botics »

bonggo - I like your idea better. Thanks for the link.

Return to “Presales”