Recovering a volume

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.
sandro_rocha
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Recovering a volume

Post by sandro_rocha »

Good Morning. I received a notification that there was a problem with volume1. The NAS continued to function normally and I only realized that there was a problem when I tried to execute a command on the terminal and received the message that the system was read-only. I restarted the NAS and now volume 1 is inactive. I don't know if the data is still there, I think so because before restarting I was able to access the files over the network and run some applications (Emby, Sonarr, Deluge). How do I fix the file system and reactivate the disk?
Nazar78

Re: Recovering a volume

Post by Nazar78 »

You didn't provide your NAS details so it's best to contact Asustor support. The recovery will involve booting into a Live USB or connecting the harddisk(s) to another linux box or VM.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
sandro_rocha

Post by sandro_rocha »

Nazar78 wrote:You didn't provide your NAS details so it's best to contact Asustor support. The recovery will involve booting into a Live USB or connecting the harddisk(s) to another linux box or VM.
My NAS is an AS1002T. The latest version of ADM is running. There are two Seagate 4TB drives, desktop models, in single, two separate volumes. Formatted in EXT4.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

I saw your duplicate post in the as10xx section and it seems to be bad sectors. Try to run bad block scan from the storage manager but if it's not accessible, you can follow this guide to try recover the data https://support.asustor.com/index.php?/ ... using-a-pc

Ps: If this disk contains valuable data, it's recommended to clone the disk before attempting any scanning or recovery.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “NAS Utilities”