How to Remove EZ Sync Please?

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.
Saltrams
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

How to Remove EZ Sync Please?

Post by Saltrams »

Hi All
I know there's an EZ Sync Forum but it hasn't had any activity for months & I really want to sort this now.
EZ Sync is driving me insane; I need rid of it. I don't particularly care about keeping its synced data, so whichever way is most effective will be fine.
Very grateful in advance.....
orion

Re: How to Remove EZ Sync Please?

Post by orion »

I wonder what is driving you insane? Anyway, what's the problem when you remove EZ Sync? Client side or NAS side?
wde

Post by wde »

On NAS:
Under EZ Sync Manager -> Connect -> Select Device and Unlink.
EZ Sync Manager seems to be a system app and can't be deleted using App Central.

On Windows 10:
Apps & Features -> Select Asustor EZ Sync and uninstall.
You might need to use windows task manager to delete any current instances of EZ Sync to continue with the uninstall.
Clean up by finding and deleting the "EZ Sync" folder
My NAS: Flashtor 6 FS6706T ADM: 4.3.0.RSB1 Router: Technicolor CGM4331COM (XB7)
Saltrams

Post by Saltrams »

wde - Thank you! Much obliged.

Orion - It keeps repopulating my synced folders with everything I delete. I have lost the ability to kill unwanted files :cry: It might be my fault for not setting it up properly but I have seen other comments about the problems I'm having. Deleting seems a quicker solution than contacting support & working through it. Pathetic, I know.
orion

Post by orion »

Oops, I see. As wde said, you can simply unlink the specific connection in NAS side.
Saltrams

Post by Saltrams »

Hi again.

I've deployed wde's instructions & that seems to have stopped the problem. I had about 50 instances of connections to my PC to kill individually - I'm sure that can't have been right!
I uninstalled the Windows App so all the crazy syncing has stopped but one connection remains active on the NAS, called Windows NT (which I don't have). Selecting this connection doesn't enable the disconnect button as it did with all the other connections. Not that it matters now, the problem is solved. Thank you again.

Return to “NAS Utilities”