Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

father.mande
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

[Update for APKG Domoticz 2020] Please read first

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

This message is to present you the new APKG Domoticz 2020.2.1
DOMOTICZ is not changed only lot of bugs in the APKG's scripts
Download link will be in announcement message (just wait ... time for me to write the post) : viewtopic.php?f=166&t=11134&start=10#p35975

FOR NEWS USERS or if you come from a NON 2020 version ... bypass this recommendations.
===== IF YOU UPGRADE from 2020.2.0 PLEASE FOLLOW THE recommendation here after ===== NOT SURE IS NEED but domoticz stop sequence is not stable in 2020.2.0
1 ... do a backup of your .db files and plugins (just by security) : /usr/local/bin/domoticz_mngt save_domoticz_data
2 ... stop APKG (AppCentral)
3 ... verify all is stopped and umounted ... open a ssh terminal with root / your_admin_password
==== ATTENTION use the non standard /bin/ps from A.D.M. because G.N.U. standard display a different response
/bin/ps | grep tty_chmod | grep -v grep
... if a response use first numeric field to kill it : kill -9 XXXXX (ex. response is : "19900 root 0:04 {tty_chmod.sh} /bin/sh /mybin/tty_chmod.sh" ... use : kill -9 19900
/bin/ps | grep domoticz | grep -v grep
... if response do the same (kill)
/bin/mount | grep focal
... if response do : umount /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/domoticz/focal_x86_64/XXXXXXX XXXXXXX can be /run/shm /dev/pts /dev /sys /proc
==== PLEASE umount using the order here before if exist 1 shm 2 pts 3 dev 4 sys 5 proc

... ... so sorry for the inconvenience ...BUT this assume to prevent problem
... ... ANOTHER solution is : disable domoticz APKG / reboot (so domoticz don't start / upgrade APKG / enable it if it is not at end of upgrade

CHANGELOG :
Ubuntu : new user don't have to install time zone software (it is now included)
APKG :
... solve bugs due to A.D.M. (Asustor) delivery using NON GNU tools (I don't see it before, because I add tools using Entware ... and forgot to verify)
... new set of command line interface
... ... MOST VALUED : status / ubuntu_set_time_zone / ubuntu_package_install (to add require package for some plugins) / update_ubuntu (to keep Ubuntu 20.04 L.T.S. updated and secure)

Code: Select all

Usage: /usr/local/bin/domoticz_mngt {start|stop|restart|status} for THE APKG ... (ubuntu + tty_survey + domoticz)
Usage: /usr/local/bin/domoticz_mngt {apkg_enable|apkg_disable} ... do same as AppCentral admin WebUI for managing APKG (include Web icon management
...... /usr/local/bin/domoticz_mngt {start_domoticz|stop_domoticz|restart_domoticz|reload_domoticz} Manage only domoticz IN Ubuntu 20.04 L.T.S already started by APKG
...... /usr/local/bin/domoticz_mngt {ubuntu_set_time_zone} ... set your OWN TIME ZONE ... if error (tzdata not installed ... use ubuntu_package_install)
...... /usr/local/bin/domoticz_mngt {update_ubuntu} ... update Ubuntu 20.02 libraries (security)
...... /usr/local/bin/domoticz_mngt {ubuntu_package_install} [Package_name] ... install a pakacge in Ubuntu (ex. tzdata) ... good to use update_ubuntu before to avoid version problems
...... /usr/local/bin/domoticz_mngt {enter_in_ubuntu} enter in chroot as root for maintenace purpose
...... /usr/local/bin/domoticz_mngt {save_domoticz_data} save domoticz.db* and plugins in /share/Public (dated folder created)
APKG is available for Intel X86_64 models arm (armhf 32 bits (armv7l)) models (NEW) and arm64 (arm 64 bits (aarch64) series ... Intel 32 bits is under investigation.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
beberito

Re: [Update for APKG Domoticz 2020] Please read first

Post by beberito »

I just install the last apk and everything works fine.
I also update packages and ubuntu ;)
ASUSTOR AS-5002T / 2 * Seagate NAS HDD 3 To (RAID 1)
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
beberito wrote:I just install the last apk and everything works fine.
I also update packages and ubuntu ;)
Lot of thanks for experience return ...
I used same NAS for development and usage ... so sometimes I can generate error due to my own configuration.
... and bad ... my unique AS5002T (x86_64) is totally unstable from some time (hardware)

Thanks again.
Philippe.
I will be back to my lab (after 3 months) this week ... so I presume to be able to run more tests and clean the situation.
melgi

Post by melgi »

1) I will upgrade too. Just wanted to say I'd like to do it like this:

"... ... ANOTHER solution is : disable domoticz APKG / reboot (so domoticz don't start / upgrade APKG / enable it if it is not at end of upgrade"
To upgrade the APKG in this way, I just download the new 2020.2.1 APKG and install it manually through Appcentral right?

=====>>>>> I did it like this and it worked perfectly! I now have Domoticz 2020.2.1 on my NAS! Merci beaucoup! Even my Harmony Hub is FINALLY working again!!!!!

I only notice that the Tab [PROBLEM] is missing in the log screen. Now it shows two tabs only [ALL] and [STATUS]. This isn't a an issue as errors should now show up in the [ALL] tab. =====>>>>> Nevermind! The problem tab appears whenever there is a problem! hahahaha! Genius! So all is working perfectly again!

2) To upgrade Ubuntu, I just log in console and run the following command:
• /usr/local/bin/domoticz_mngt update_ubuntu
I assume I can upgrade Ubuntu under the admin user or do I have to be logged in as root?

=====>>>>> I found out I have to do it using root. When I logged in as admin, I got the message that I didn't have enough privileges. Then I tried it under root (just like the other time where you described how to update the timezones) and it works perfectly! Thank you again Philippe!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G986B met Tapatalk
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi melgi,

Due to the fact ... I travel back to my lab ... after containment in France ... I have forgot some new features (oupss!!!)

NOW you can be logged as admin ... but in this case, just prefix command with "sudo "
... no password is require (only for domoticz_mngt)

so
/usr/local/bin/domoticz_mngt update_ubuntu ... with root login is changed to
sudo /usr/local/bin/domoticz_mngt update_ubuntu (or any other possible options) ... with admin user ... to elevate privilege ... ONLY for domoticz_mngt

if using root is a problem for you (even in A.D.M. root and admin share the same password) ... you can now go back to admin
A hack exist (for security in some case) to force sudo to ask you the admin_password again (ex. you have leave open admin terminal and quit the area ... so anybody have access to admin command ... ), BUT really due to file restricted to root only ... the risk is low ... changing the command can be only done as root user ...

Philippe.
melgi

Post by melgi »

Philippe,

Thank you for explaining the of root and admin with sudo command. I see lots of commands with sudo, now I know why and hkw jt works.

Thank you again for all your effort, Philippe!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G986B met Tapatalk

Return to “Domoticz”