Filedrop setup - for idiots!

ownCloud gives you universal access to your files through a web interface or WebDAV. It also provides a platform to easily view & sync your contacts, calendars and bookmarks across all your devices and enables basic editing right on the web. Installation has minimal server requirements, does not need special permissions and is quick. ownCloud is extendable via a simple but powerful API for applications and plugins.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Zerubbabel
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Filedrop setup - for idiots!

Post by Zerubbabel »

I need to set up an external (online) filedrop. I tried OwnCloud 10 and couldn't figure it out. I'm currently trying the same thing with OwnCloud Enterprise as I was advised I'd need that. I am completely in the dark!

I need a simple, step by step guide into how to set up a folder for anyone at all to drop files into a folder on my NAS from online. Is there such a thing?
orion

Re: Filedrop setup - for idiots!

Post by orion »

What do you mean about "filedrop"? A software? If you are talking about data sync, there are many ways. Try datasync for google drive in NAS AppCentral. I believe it's simple enough.
Zerubbabel

Post by Zerubbabel »

Filedrop - a simple url that allows external users to drop files to a single folder anonymously. I did explain that in the original post.
orion

Post by orion »

Zerubbabel wrote:Filedrop - a simple url that allows external users to drop files to a single folder anonymously. I did explain that in the original post.
So, did you try datasync for google drive?
Zerubbabel

Post by Zerubbabel »

I did not - I don't want anything to do with Google Drive. I want to use my NAS to store files and give write access for a single folder to anyone on the internet with the link.
orion

Post by orion »

Then, owncloud or nextcloud should be the one that fits for you. Those are open source. You should be able to find many articles in the internet about how to use.
Zerubbabel

Post by Zerubbabel »

Thanks for that - I'm so sorry I didn't reply sooner.

Return to “ownCloud”