Jellyfin not entering web setup from install

Jellyfin is the Free Software Media System that puts you in control of managing and streaming your media. There are no strings attached, no premium licenses or features, and no hidden agendas.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

linked
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Jellyfin not entering web setup from install

Post by linked »

Hi, trying to trouble shoot running Jellyfin 10.5.5.r01 on Asustor 3202T running ADM 3.5.

Jellyfin app install properly on the NAS but on running the app from a fresh install you are taken directly to a screen that request your username and password to login, any info entered here brings up a connection failure. Just figured out from the PC version of the software that after an installing the app it is suppose to guide you to a initial setup wizard where you setup up the username, password and any necessary media folders for its library.

I copied this wizard address from the PC and tried it on the NAS version of jellyfin (http://x.x.x.x:8096/jellyfin/web/index. ... start.html), but the wizard page from the NAS is stuck and does not allow you to proceed and enter any information.
Nazar78

Re: Jellyfin not entering web setup from install

Post by Nazar78 »

I'm using not the container build from the app central but manually installed in debian chroot (ffmpeg reason). However I did tested doing clean install of the docker version and it works past the initial settings finally into the home.

What is the exact error for the connection failure, screenshots? Trying accessing it in an incognito/private mode not sure probably you had it installed before and had a stale cache? You could use the dev tools (in chrome: ctrl+shift+i) to see details of the error under the network tab after doing a refresh (ctrl+r). You could also check the logs see what's wrong: /volume1/Docker/Jellyfin/Config/log/log_*.log or try restart JF again maybe this time clearing the config /volume1/Docker/Jellyfin/Config/config/system.xml?

BTW the URI you got it wrong, it should be without the /jellyfin path unless the base URL was already set in the settings e.g. http://x.x.x.x:8096/web/index.html?star ... start.html
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “Jellyfin”