Help: Domoticz install not working anymore. Need help with reinstall and update

home automation

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

rezza
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Help: Domoticz install not working anymore. Need help with reinstall and update

Post by rezza »

father.mande wrote:Hi,

I have stated to build a domoticz 2020 but with static libraries inside (no idea if all can run as well ... )
... ++ reduce the number of dependency (boost, openzwave, openssl, etc.)
... -- IMPOSSIBLE to use the internal update ... so you have to wait for an APKG update.

It's under works, so be patient and if pray is somethings you do ... pray for a good result .. :roll: :mrgreen:

Philippe.
Thank you Philippe. by "Build", you mean ASUSTOR APKG or Docker Image ?
The Domoticz Docker image available is not the 2020 version and seems problematic for internal updates too...

And for those who know Docker : How can you keep your personal "system settings", domoticz database, ... inside a docker container and still be able to update the image ?
melgi

Re: Help: Domoticz install not working anymore. Need help with reinstall and update

Post by melgi »

Hahahahaha,

Philippe, I don't pray, but now I do pray for a good result!!!!! Are you trying now to create a new APKG update or do we have to ask ASUSTOR?

I have stated to build a domoticz 2020 but with static libraries inside (no idea if all can run as well ... )
... ++ reduce the number of dependency (boost, openzwave, openssl, etc.)
... -- IMPOSSIBLE to use the internal update ... so you have to wait for an APKG update.

It's under works, so be patient and if pray is somethings you do ... pray for a good result .. :roll: :mrgreen:

Philippe.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

For all ... for the moment the build fail at 99% ... not sure it's possible

@rezza ... No docker, I have tested docker ... and write a documentation on NAS ... and lxc) and stop using it ... too more constraints and overhead ... it's only available for demo ... or when it's build specifically for a professional purpose ...

@melgi ... The short solution is to have an updated version of basic library from Asustor (libc & openssl) ... updating kernel is not enough ...
BUT I don't expect any good return from Asustor ... they have their own schedule and target ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Some news ... after changing all the architecture for supporting domoticz
... I have a working (but I don't test all things, just that it works) domoticz 2020 for Armhf and x86_64 Asustor NAS
... I will have to rewrite all scripts and manage the update from actual domoticz (if installed)
... NEW ... domoticz will run under a standard user for security
... domoticz run in an isolated (limited) environment (but not docker nor lxc)
... update must be tested later ... but can works (except for restarting the services (under investigation))

Potential problem ... perhaps access right for ttyUSB peripheral ... but easy (even if I can't test) solvable

Please, can you inform me of your NAS model ... so I can start change using your architecture x86_64 or Armhf (or arm64) ... due to domoticz requirement ... Intel 32 bits is not supported ...

Stay tuned ... perhaps good news soon ...
Philippe.
melgi

Post by melgi »

... I have a working (but I don't test all things, just that it works) domoticz 2020 for Armhf and x86_64 Asustor NAS
... I will have to rewrite all scripts and manage the update from actual domoticz (if installed)
... update must be tested later ... but can works (except for restarting the services (under investigation))

Potential problem ... perhaps access right for ttyUSB peripheral ... but easy (even if I can't test) solvable

Please, can you inform me of your NAS model ... so I can start change using your architecture x86_64 or Armhf (or arm64) ... due to domoticz requirement ... Intel 32 bits is not supported ...

Philippe.
Philippe, tu est vraiment superb!!!!! :-D

I have an AS6210T (had a AS5110T before). Is that enough information or do you need more?
Last edited by melgi on Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rezza

Post by rezza »

Philippe.
Hi Philippe. Thank you very much. I have an AS3202T.
beberito

Post by beberito »

Hi, I have a AS5002T.
Good luck for the dev ... ;)

Can someone provides me domoticz package of previous versions (4.9700, 4.10659 or 4.10717) ?
On the domoticz site, there's only the last one (2020.2)
ASUSTOR AS-5002T / 2 * Seagate NAS HDD 3 To (RAID 1)
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

I had to stop my work for some days, due to a box/router crash in my lab (NAS) at 600 Kms of my actual position (I use bridged VPN for now).
Due to movement restriction in France up to Monday 11 (May) ... nobody can restart my box / router
I have managed to be able to restart all Monday or Tuesday (a person with access keys manage to restart my lab connection) and to restart working on new Domoticz 2020

Before the stop, I had a running Domoticz 2020 ... so the work to do is to finish the new packaging (due to a total change of architecture)

Hope, if nothing fall again to be able to deliver a new APKG at end of next week.

... same for myHD and patch to manage CEC access.

So please wait or run yourself alternatives, and manage it as you want.

Philippe.
melgi

Post by melgi »

Philippe, merci pour tous!!!! I'll wait with patience! Again, thank you VERY much for helping us out!!!!! [PERSON WITH FOLDED HANDS][PERSON WITH FOLDED HANDS][PERSON WITH FOLDED HANDS][PERSON WITH FOLDED HANDS][PERSON WITH FOLDED HANDS]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G986B met Tapatalk
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Some news ...
After a new delay ... I have now access to my NAS ... so please, wait
... I have run compatibility tests for others architectures : armhf, arm64 and x86_64

I will try to deliver new APKG soon, but I have to free more time to do it.

again, sorry for the delay, but the situation is exceptional ...

Philippe.

Return to “Domoticz”