Help: Domoticz install not working anymore. Need help with reinstall and update

home automation

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

rezza
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Help: Domoticz install not working anymore. Need help with reinstall and update

Post by rezza »

Hello all,

The problem is related to this library libssl.so.1.1 (at least) (see https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=31158) ; or https://serverfault.com/questions/81844 ... pto-so-1-1

I am using the latest Entware "OPKG" from Father Mande and I have successfully updated to the last libsso package (1.1).
libssl.so.1.1 is in /usr/local/AppCentral/entware-ng/opt/lib/ but anywhere else .
I have copied it manually to /domoticz/lib/ but with no result.

I suspect a that Domoticz and/or Asustor Linux don't use this library "new" instead of libssl.so.1.0
Is there a symlink to do with /lib or /local/lib ?

@Father Mande, do you have an idea ?

Thanks
melgi

Re: Help: Domoticz install not working anymore. Need help with reinstall and update

Post by melgi »

I'm sorry that I haven't responded earlier, but am way too busy with project deadline at work. I also found that post rezza is mentioning, but I never got around installing the correct libssl.so.1.1 version.

I reran all the upgrade steps last week and didn't select the beta-fork, but still the upgrade didn't work correctly.

@rezza, where did you get the latest Entware OPKG from Father Mande? Maybe I can try to update libsso package like you did and retry the install and upgrade.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

I was also busy, but now, I have some free time ... please, wait ... I will be back soon.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
melgi

Post by melgi »

Philippe,

Take your time! I hope you can help us!
father.mande wrote:Hi,

I was also busy, but now, I have some free time ... please, wait ... I will be back soon.

Philippe.
rezza

Post by rezza »

melgi wrote: @rezza, where did you get the latest Entware OPKG from Father Mande? Maybe I can try to update libsso package like you did and retry the install and upgrade.
@merlgi, you can find it here . viewforum.php?f=156
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Please wait ... using Entware (opkg) libssl is not possible as is ... require libc 2.25 min when version provide by Asustor is 2.22

I work on a solution (compile a private libssl)

Philippe.
rezza

Post by rezza »

Please wait ... using Entware (opkg) libssl is not possible as is ... require libc 2.25 min when version provide by Asustor is 2.22

Philippe.
What would we do without you ?
melgi

Post by melgi »

rezza wrote:

Philippe.
What would we do without you ?
Same here!!!!! Thanx for all your efforts Philippe!!!!!!!
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Hum! "my efforts" ... seem very poor compare to the problem due to Asustor "oldest" basic libraries
... after solving (easily) the problem of libssl 1.1
... domoticz crash itself because it is compiled requiring a libc 2.28 and for some part with libm generated with libc 2.27 minimal
... so Entware (OPKG) is not, also, a valid solution due to the libc limited at 2.27

Code: Select all

Starting daemon: domoticz/usr/local/AppCentral/domoticz/domoticz: /lib/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.27' not found (required by /usr/local/AppCentral/domoticz/domoticz)
/usr/local/AppCentral/domoticz/domoticz: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.28' not found (required by /usr/local/AppCentral/domoticz/domoticz)
So the solution for last domoticz is to generate a specific environment for it (based at minima on Ubuntu 18.04) ... but it's a lot of work ...

You can try a Docker image, but I can't help ... I really don't like Docker ... easy but with lot of hidden thinks breaking security ... but like by lot of people ... nothing to do, nothing to think ... just run (if it works)

I will suppress my own delivery to don't generate problem for new users ...

Philippe.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

I have stated to build a domoticz 2020 but with static libraries inside (no idea if all can run as well ... )
... ++ reduce the number of dependency (boost, openzwave, openssl, etc.)
... -- IMPOSSIBLE to use the internal update ... so you have to wait for an APKG update.

It's under works, so be patient and if pray is somethings you do ... pray for a good result .. :roll: :mrgreen:

Philippe.

Return to “Domoticz”