Asustor AS5202T (Nimbustor) not showing anything to TV via HDMI

Share your awesome tips and tricks here.
vnatale@gmail.com
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Asustor AS5202T (Nimbustor) not showing anything to TV via HDMI

Post by vnatale@gmail.com »

Hi,

I have recently purchased an Asustor AS5202T (Nimbustor), including a Remote Control AS-RC10, connected the NAS via HDMI cable to a 4K TV but, changed HDMI input to the correct one but still I only get a black screen.
What am I missing ? Do I need to install/launch some particular service/server on the NAS ?

P.S. I used to do the exact same procedure with an older AS6404 and it worked just fine, without installing anything particular.

Many thank in advance.
father.mande

Re: Asustor AS5202T (Nimbustor) not showing anything to TV via HDMI

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
vnatale@gmail.com wrote:Hi,
I have recently purchased an Asustor AS5202T (Nimbustor), including a Remote Control AS-RC10, connected the NAS via HDMI cable to a 4K TV but, changed HDMI input to the correct one but still I only get a black screen.
What am I missing ? Do I need to install/launch some particular service/server on the NAS ?
P.S. I used to do the exact same procedure with an older AS6404 and it worked just fine, without installing anything particular.
Many thank in advance.
Verify in a terminal if Xorg run ... if not :
Please, generally after an ADM update ... verify that /usr/local/AppCentral/xorg/usr/share/X11/xkb folder exist
Also have a look to /usr/local/AppCentral/xorg/var/log/Xorg.0.log
... I fall in a similar error after update

Code: Select all

[461760.865] (EE) XKB: Couldn't open rules file /usr/local/AppCentral/xorg/usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/base
[461760.865] (EE) XKB: Failed to load keymap. Loading default keymap instead.
[461760.865] (EE) XKB: Couldn't open rules file /usr/local/AppCentral/xorg/usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/base
[461760.865] XKB: Failed to compile keymap
[461760.865] Keyboard initialization failed. This could be a missing or incorrect setup of xkeyboard-config.
[461760.865] (EE)
Fatal server error:
[461760.865] (EE) Failed to activate core devices.(EE)
[461760.865] (EE)
If it's the error, I can provide to you a tar of xkb folder ... install it, reboot (or try at minimal twice to run the start-stop.sh of xorg)
BUT this can be cancelled by a new ADM or Xorg update.

If Xorg run as well ... we can continue other possibilities.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
orion

Post by orion »

On the other hand, you can check if your xorg version is 10.14.8.R107. viewtopic.php?f=98&t=10744
vnatale@gmail.com

Post by vnatale@gmail.com »

Hi and thanks to both...

I have checked and my ADM is running 10.14.8.R107 version of X-Org.
As far I as I can see I don't need to launch it at every re-boot (as instead I need to do with other services as for example Twonky server).

That said, HDMI port on TV unfortunately remains black and I do not have the skills to manually do what @father.mande suggests in a terminal....

thanks.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
vnatale@gmail.com wrote:Hi and thanks to both...
I have checked and my ADM is running 10.14.8.R107 version of X-Org.
As far I as I can see I don't need to launch it at every re-boot (as instead I need to do with other services as for example Twonky server).
That said, HDMI port on TV unfortunately remains black and I do not have the skills to manually do what @father.mande suggests in a terminal....
thanks.
I think, that the best is to call the support, they help you to open a secure connection to your NAS and can do the commands for you
... my suggestion is to use somethings like Vnc server or better (for security) team viewer / logmein or anydesk ... just use the preferred tool of the support.
with this tools, support can take the hand on your PC / Mac and connect them to the NAS ... you keep the hand on your PC so you can enter yourself password for ex. , exchange information (like white board) and also see what support do (the screen is in front of you)

Generally it's usual to keep basic software like Xorg up and Enable all the time ... because they wait for keyboard / mouse or remote control (if asportal is also up) entry to have activity.

Philippe;
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “Tips & Tricks”