Shucked WD drives?

Looking for discussion about hardware compatibility? Look no further.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

njhorn
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Shucked WD drives?

Post by njhorn »

Is anyone using shocked Western digital easy store drives in their Nas? Will I need to cover the pins with the backplane in this? I have a 4 x 4 raid 5 right now in a 3204t and I have 3 x 10 TB Western Digital‘s right now. So unfortunately the only way I have to test is to break my raid. Also since I’m going from a 4 drive arRay to 3 drives I can’t just replace one drive at a time, rebuild, and expand. So will I lose all my settings and docker containers and such by pulling all four drives and inserting the 3 and powering it on?
victorharry588

Re: Shucked WD drives?

Post by victorharry588 »

I'm wondering about adding an external SSD drive through the Asustor's USB port.
crazynas

Post by crazynas »

Well I using Toshiba HDD.
Mikam_AT

Post by Mikam_AT »

njhorn wrote:Is anyone using shocked Western digital easy store drives in their Nas? Will I need to cover the pins with the backplane in this? I have a 4 x 4 raid 5 right now in a 3204t and I have 3 x 10 TB Western Digital‘s right now. So unfortunately the only way I have to test is to break my raid. Also since I’m going from a 4 drive arRay to 3 drives I can’t just replace one drive at a time, rebuild, and expand. So will I lose all my settings and docker containers and such by pulling all four drives and inserting the 3 and powering it on?
If it is this what you are asking for: I have the AS5202T and I'm using 2x10TB WD100EMAZ from WD elements drives. There was no need to cover the 3rd pin at all. Not sure in which case you need to do this covering of pin 3, but I have same kind of disks in another NAS (DS218play) and here it was not required either.

Hupps....just realized the question was already back from March, so I bet you were able to figure it out meanwhile :)

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”