NAS AS5002T

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

daneko
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

NAS AS5002T

Post by daneko »

Dear all, I need a help with my Asustor AS5002T. I have a problem with start of NAS. Sometimes start sometimes no. Same problem I have with FAN in the NAS. When the NAS start. NAS work my plex run and another app run too. If I want a check System information (by my mobile app, directly on nas or from my PC) I can not open. Window with system infomation was opened but still reading and no display any information. Could you help my where is problem? because stability of NAS now is not good. I think the FAN is NG and could be something else damage. somebody have experince with this? What I can do with this? ADM I have last update and RAM is 8GB (this ram I have 4 yaers in the this NAS).
father.mande

Re: NAS AS5002T

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
daneko wrote:Dear all, I need a help with my Asustor AS5002T. I have a problem with start of NAS. Sometimes start sometimes no. Same problem I have with FAN in the NAS. When the NAS start. NAS work my plex run and another app run too. If I want a check System information (by my mobile app, directly on nas or from my PC) I can not open. Window with system infomation was opened but still reading and no display any information. Could you help my where is problem? because stability of NAS now is not good. I think the FAN is NG and could be something else damage. somebody have experince with this? What I can do with this? ADM I have last update and RAM is 8GB (this ram I have 4 yaers in the this NAS).
Have also an AS5002T
my suggestions :
1 if you can and know how ... verify your electric power block (test power delivered) and eventually change it for a similar block
2 change the battery inside (on mother board as any PC) the NAS (this can generate boot problems) ... and after 4 years it's relatively common ...
3 change the FAN itself (easy)
If you have some Linux skills ... use a terminal to test and display hardware information ... it's more complete and don't need any added interface software.

to disassemble your NAS follow this video (even for an AS5004 BUT AS5002 don't differ in mother_board (same in fact) but only on the expansion card for supporting SATA disks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSYFSWXGnrg

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
daneko

Post by daneko »

Hi Philippe,
thank you for suggestions. I will try it. Linux skill I dont have. Could you tell me How I can get this information? another problem is fan 70x70 with PWM is not available in the Czech republic. Can I use NOCTUA NF-A6x25 PWM?

Ondrej
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

No idea ... but you can have problem to fix the fan, Asustor delivered fan is 70x70 with fixing holes 60x60 mm when noctua is a 60x60 fan with 50x50 mm fixing holes
the PWM power is to be verified (think it's 12V but not sure I am at 600 kms of my NAS) ; but 4 pins connector are standardized ... so not the problem

Tools to use in Linux depend of what you search and if they are available in Asustor NAS
... for Asustor NAS ... normally you can get enough information in ADM interface (system information icon)
... for specific request some tools are present, some others can be added using Entware APKG (full set of gnu tools) like sensors ... even due to the specific kernel version used by Asustor ... some command can failed (Asustor use a x in place of number for sub_version ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “NAS Utilities”