Veracrypt Support

Got a feature request? Great! Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

lachender Hans
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Veracrypt Support

Post by lachender Hans »

For Backup to an usb hd, it would be fabulous if ADM would support Veracrypt encrypted Volumes.
The way I imagine, I connect the drive the first time, set up an (existing) encrypted volume as backup target and keep the keys within the nas.
Every time I connect the usb hd and press the backup button, the volume is mounted, backed up runs and than the volume is dismounted.
I could keep the drive on the nas, I could mount it on any computer with veracrypt and access my backup data.

Also it would be nice to plug in and mount a veracrypt volume to get files into the nas.

Currently I try to use Linux Center / debian server and mount volumes from there. Automation and easy access to veracrypt volumes could be a great benefit to all users already using veracrypt on their removable drives
fritzboxuser

Re: Veracrypt Support

Post by fritzboxuser »

1+ for veracrypt integration
kalashbr

Post by kalashbr »

1+ =)
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

I'm still using TrueCrypt on my external disks, but It would be nice to have it for external disks, and for internal shared folders too ( mounting them at boot, same manner has encrypted folders without automout at boot feature )
Hard-Boiled

Post by Hard-Boiled »

1+ , that would really be great
lachender Hans

Post by lachender Hans »

Its possible to install the cli version of veracrypt from
https://www.veracrypt.fr/en/Downloads.html
download the "Generic Installers", extract the veracrypt*setup-console-x64 (* is 1.24-Hotfix1 atm)
ssh to your machine,
cd to the directory with the installfile
run "sudo ./veracrypt-1.24-Hotfix1-setup-console-x64" (or whatever version is current)

then you can manually mount / dismount. the mounted veracrypt-devices cannot be seen via adm, but you can create a softlink with
ln -s /media/veracrypt1/ ~/veracrypt
and then easily access the mounted directory e.g. form kodi via /share/home/

my usecase is to mount, backup (rsync) and dismount, which can be easily semi-automated into an shell script (I don't rely on a keyfile on the nas as I wont to be able to mount the drive anywhere without thee need of an additional file in case of dataloss)

Return to “Feature Requests”