AS6202T - HDMI no output to TV anymore

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

nic78
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS6202T - HDMI no output to TV anymore

Post by nic78 »

Hello,

I'm writing to ask for an help about how to check why the hdmi is not working anymore.

I didn't change any TV or cable. The NAS is updated with the last os update from ADM (v 3.4.5.RBJ3)

I didn't use for a while but recently I wanted to use the Asus portal app from my TV but I don't have any signal. The TV (a Samsung UE40F6500) catches that a cable is attached when I plug it in but no video. I have tried from the NAS to change the resolution but nothing.

Of course I have checked all the hdmi ports (4 ports) with my laptop and they all work.

Do you have any suggestion how to check if it's an hardware or software issue?

Many thanks,

Domenico
nic78

Re: AS6202T - HDMI no output to TV anymore

Post by nic78 »

I have checked the dmesg output. I have found some errors. I'm not an expert but googling this message it looks like it's related to my hdmi problem.

I have attahched the hdmi output in file.

I hope it could help for the investigation.

Domenico
Attachments
dmesg.zip
dmesg output
(20.2 KiB) Downloaded 508 times
orion

Post by orion »

I'm not sure about the error. However I think you can try to delete "Xorg" package under ADM web -> App Central. Then try to re-install it.
If it's not working, I think you should send a support ticket to asustor. https://support.asustor.com/
nic78

Post by nic78 »

Thank you for your advice.
I have already contacted the support and they suggested to follow these steps:

"Please try removing the AS portal in the app central.

Unplug the HDMI cable.

Restart the NAS.

Plugin the HDMI cable with the TV on and then reinstall the ASportal.

After installation complete, restart the NAS with HDMI cable with the TV on"

It didn't solve my issue. I observed that just after the last restart I had the error message as in the attached bitmap. In the dmesg log I'm still having this drm errors [drm:drm_dp_dual_mode_detect [drm_kms_helper]] *ERROR* Unexpected DP dual mode adaptor ID 45. Because I clicked the Rescan button more times, I have these errors also at the end of the dmesg log file.

I have attached the bitmap and dmesg in the zip
errors.zip
(39.22 KiB) Downloaded 543 times
Domenico
Tjulo

Post by Tjulo »

Hello Demenico, I have the same HDMI problem as you and tried everything but nothing gives the HDMI connection. I restored my AS6202T to factory settings - update the ADM - reinstalled As Portal as instructed by Asustor - checked cables and HDMI ports on two TV's. No results! I did not used the AS6202T with de HDMI for about a half year but before that the HDMI workes fine. Did you solved the problem?
nic78

Post by nic78 »

Tjulo wrote:Hello Demenico, I have the same HDMI problem as you and tried everything but nothing gives the HDMI connection. I restored my AS6202T to factory settings - update the ADM - reinstalled As Portal as instructed by Asustor - checked cables and HDMI ports on two TV's. No results! I did not used the AS6202T with de HDMI for about a half year but before that the HDMI workes fine. Did you solved the problem?
Hello,

I didn't solve it yet. I have opened a ticket #31644 at https://support.asustor.com/ but I'm still waiting that they connect to my nas to check it.
Maybe it could be useful that you also open a ticket so that they aware it's a common problem.

I don't know how to test the ports. I'm not able to understand if it's a software ot hardware issue. However I have found different topics on this problem on Linux on different hardwares. Sometimes it looks like a bug and a fix is needed.

I hope that soon someone awakes from the support to check my NAS.

Let me know if you solve it!

Domenico
marcflo

Post by marcflo »

Did anyone solve this? Oh i got it to display... yeah while shutting down... great.
I have had the same issue for the last 2 years.
I contacted support with not response...
nic78

Post by nic78 »

marcflo wrote:Did anyone solve this? Oh i got it to display... yeah while shutting down... great.
I have had the same issue for the last 2 years.
I contacted support with not response...
I'm waiting for an asnwer too. The ticket is open from months.

I have read in another forum, for another installation and platform, that this errors has been solved by upating the kernel. But who knows ..

Maybe the support should work on this. It's a feature I have payed and cannot use at all.

Waiting ...
nic78

Post by nic78 »

I have received an update on this issue from Tony Chen
Tony Chen wrote: Hello Domenico,

Sorry to keep you waiting, but the fix could not be done by the end of the year.

Most likely early next 1st quarter.
Let's hope it will happen soon
Tjulo

Post by Tjulo »

Unfortunately, the HDMI problem was never solved. Never a Asustor for me anymore

Return to “[Official] For AS61XX/62XX Series”