Can't watch Amazon Prime Content

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Robi
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Can't watch Amazon Prime Content

Post by Robi »

Yesterday Aug 12, 2019 I was suddenly unable to watch any content from Amazon Prime. When I attempt to start a streaming event I get a "error box" stating the content is blocked and recommending steps to perform in Google. All Apps are up-to-date but when I open Google (not an App), as directed by the "error box", I find that the "three dots" in the upper right are not there and the set of 9 dots (3x3) doesn't take me anywhere that has "Settings" available. When I click on the orange dot in the upper right I can find "Settings" but no "Site Settings" is available, not to mention any of the following steps recommended. I did notice a statement that I was using an out-of-date version of Google in the bar at the top of the Google page. There doesn't appear to be a way to update Google in ADM or any other portion of my 6404 NAS. I depend on Prime videos for entertainment and this is very annoying.
Fortune

Re: Can't watch Amazon Prime Content

Post by Fortune »

I have the same problem with my Nimbustor 2 AS5202T and I can't find a solution. Anyone know anything about this? MH-pime video doesn't work either. Nor does amazon-prime from ASUSTOR PORTAL app work
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
Fortune wrote:I have the same problem with my Nimbustor 2 AS5202T and I can't find a solution. Anyone know anything about this? MH-pime video doesn't work either. Nor does amazon-prime from ASUSTOR PORTAL app work
I never seen post about problem with MH-primevideo ... maybe I did not see it ? without question ... no possible response :mrgreen:
On my AS5002T with A.D.M. 3.4.4.RAT2 no problem at all
remember MH-primevideo is based on Chrome actually in myHD : Google-chrome-stable 78.0.3904.97

Only returned problem are about audio in a French forum (so not linked to Chrome or MH-primevideo), but a test tools, in myHD, exist to solve it (identify the real sound card / device).

BUT I have only ONE NAS with HDMI output (without problem with prime-video (French position)), so perhaps specific problem with some models ? ... I can't test so I need DETAILED information on the problem ? to have a (small) chance to solve it.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
Fortune

Post by Fortune »

I put a picture on the problem. The text is in Spanish. The error comes because the crome does not play prime videos. In the configuration does not come what you put in the photo I just put.
Attachments
IMG_3432.JPG
IMG_3432.JPG (28.65 KiB) Viewed 5646 times
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Never seen this before ... can you translate the text for me, the picture is too small, even I think I have understand (but not sure) the content.

the protection error can come from :
... a problem in the HDCP HDMI link : cable, A.V.R. (separate audio for external player) ex. if you use a NONE ARC HDMI , compatibility of the TV (some box exist to change the HDCP profile like "HDFury 4K AVR Key" ... it's just an example of box).
... a problem FROM Amazon Prime ... because Amazon adapt the the movies able to be played based on REGION / Country, so if your account and geographical position are restricted, you can get this error.

To be sure to have only the movies list authorized by Amazon, change the U.R.L. used to test , also on the Web you can get some solution based on V.P.N. to get a "local" I.P. to bypass the problem.
for ex. (I am french) but when I am in U.K. I can't access some French movies restricted to French area.
https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-pr ... -video-us/

Generally calling Amazon support can permit to understand if it is the problem : provide, movies, geographical position, language
... a good test is if you know somebody from another country to compare ex. with a spanish friend I can have " Raiders of the Lost Ark" (indiana jones) but in Spanish ... this movies is not available in France ... when other episode are available.

All is supposition based on ultra minimal test ... because I don't fall in this case with my own Amazon Prime Account ... and I don't know how Amazon manage this. BUT certainly true, because Asustor propose multiple Amazon Prime APKG per country, and I don't know why ...

I will check and perhaps you must change the U.R.L. (I will explain you later ... if I understand) in the script or I can manage to propose change in a future release of MH-primevideo .

Philippe.
Fortune

Post by Fortune »

Hello
Thank you very much for your response and for your work. I have uninstalled myHD and I have reinstalled version 1.0.2 and the MH-primevideo_1.0 apk and I have been able to enter primevideo but it is slow (it breaks) and has no sound. The asustor amazon-prime-es apk is still the same as in the photo, it gives me the same error. The ADM version is 3.4.4.RAT2. The image in the MH-primevideo apk does not reach at least 1080p seems 320p. Regards.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
Fortune wrote:Hello
Thank you very much for your response and for your work. I have uninstalled myHD and I have reinstalled version 1.0.2 and the MH-primevideo_1.0 apk and I have been able to enter primevideo but it is slow (it breaks) and has no sound. The Asustor amazon-prime-es apk is still the same as in the photo, it gives me the same error. The ADM version is 3.4.4.RAT2. The image in the MH-primevideo apk does not reach at least 1080p seems 320p. Regards.
1 audio :
enter in myHD : myHD_root command in a ssh terminal logged as root / your_admin_password
then run : /myHD_scripts/bin/test_pulse_Intel_config.sh ... follow the instruction 1 to test HDMI sound device, then when sound works instruction to modify one file. I have not yet discover how doing this automatically.

2 low , please verify task running and if you have enough memory (2 GB is the minimum if no other task run at same time), to survey task, use top command in a terminal
if your CPU is high, perhaps with your model, the hardware acceleration is not used, the only (by me) know solution is to replace Chrome by Chromium with the specific patch to support Hardware Acceleration (hardware decoding is offer by Google for (ChromeOS, Windows and Mac BUT NOT for Linux)
https://www.linuxuprising.com/2018/08/h ... rated.html
It's not complicated follow instructions for Ubuntu after entering in myHD using myHD_root
This also accelerate (but need an addons (h264ify)) Youtube.

3 resolution : verify your account and capabilities I run on my "old" AS5002T and resolution stay 1920x1080
use xrandr in myHD : myHD_root "DISPLAY=:0 xrandr" to verify before, after launching, when you play movies

Philippe.
NB if result is better, I will incorporate this in next release ...

Return to “NAS Utilities”