AS5202T - Slow File Transfer Speeds

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

jbrod907
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS5202T - Slow File Transfer Speeds

Post by jbrod907 »

Greetings all,

I've been scouring the internet for the past couple of days and have tried a number of things, to no avail. The most common being disabling the LSO (Large Send Offload) V2 for IPv4 and IPv6 in the Advanced tab of my desktops adapter settings. So far I've not been able to get the NAS to receive at over 2MB/s, more commonly it transfers in the 1.2-1.5MB/s range. This includes over AC protocol WiFI/5GHz band on a laptop, as well as hard line cat5e over 1Gigabit Full Duplex on a Desktop; both clients are running Windows 10 Pro. The NAS is running Round-Robin link aggregation, 1Gigabit per line. I've used the ADM File Explorer, PuTTY, WinSCP and FTP Voyager. Most testing attempts have been over SFTP; the low speed is uniform. The constants are Windows 10, my Linksys EA9500 v1 and the AS5202T. I'm using 2x 8TB Ironwolf NAS PROs in RAID1 for hard disks.

I'm able to download off the actual internet using the same desktop computer over 4MB/sec pretty regularly, so at this point it seems like it's specifically the relationship between the

Here are some other things I've attempted:
- Disabled Power Management settings for adapters
- Enabled Windows features > SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support > SMB 1.0/CIFS Client
- Disabled Windows features > Remote Differential Compression API Support
orion

Re: AS5202T - Slow File Transfer Speeds

Post by orion »

Finding internet bottlenecks should be difficult.
Did you check the local access speed on LAN?
And, I think you should disable link aggregation. Your expected internet speed (4MB/s) is much lower than single 1GbE connection. You should get rid of the setting issues related to link aggregation first.
jbrod907

Post by jbrod907 »

Yes, everything is tested on LAN and WiFi before changing anything. The link aggregation was not enabled initially and the speeds were the same. All hardware in question is 1GbE capable. Again, the same hardware operating with internet tasks performs better than internal LAN operations at this point.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
jbrod907 wrote:Yes, everything is tested on LAN and WiFi before changing anything. The link aggregation was not enabled initially and the speeds were the same. All hardware in question is 1GbE capable. Again, the same hardware operating with internet tasks performs better than internal LAN operations at this point.
Please provide technical information on NAS (after a test (any))
... error or overrun or dropped etc. using ifconfig (this can inform you of problem with the local hardware for ex.)
... system view of hardware using ethtool

To eliminate STP error or loop problem in switch / hub, do a test with a single cable (direct connection) between client and NAS ... force static I.P. or use default I.P. assign to the NAS when DHCP is not up (I don't remember if it's 169.254.100.100) ... so best is force static I.P. before moving to direct connection. ... do the same in Client.

unfortunately, after (if all is checked as you mention) only a traffic analyzer can help to understand.

NB. I suppose you have contacted the Asustor support also !
Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
orion

Post by orion »

jbrod907 wrote:Again, the same hardware operating with internet tasks performs better than internal LAN operations at this point.
Then it's apparently caused by your LAN environment. "4MB/s" is extremely low. You should get 10 - 25 times of speed on LAN (continue big file read access). So, how can you make sure IGbE connection speed among NAS, your network switch and PC? And how do you access NAS files from your PC? I think those are the keys.

Return to “NAS Utilities”