Solved: AS-604T and Winows 10 - constantly problems as a network drive

Looking for discussion about hardware compatibility? Look no further.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

pointer24
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Solved: AS-604T and Winows 10 - constantly problems as a network drive

Post by pointer24 »

Hello together,
until recently I had the o.g. NAS with Windows 8.1 Pro in use and for years no problems with it. The now completed premature switch to Windows 10 Pro (1903) I regret now more and more ... There are always writing problems with various applications such. Excel, KeePass and Starmoney (error writing the database backup to the NAS) all have write problems now and then. Data reading is easy!

So far I have changed:
The state of the connected network drive display changes from green to red in Explorer and back again ... The change of the local group policy under Administrative Templates - System - Login: Always wait for the network when restarting the computer and when logging on - Status: activated - brought no change!

Who has a tip on how to end this extremely annoying condition?
Thanks in advance from pointer24.
Last edited by pointer24 on Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
orion

Re: AS-604T and Winows 10 - constantly problems as a network drive

Post by orion »

I think you'd better to send a support request to asustor directly. https://support.asustor.com/
pointer24

Re: AS-604T and Winows 10 - constantly problems as a network drive

Post by pointer24 »

Hello.
Yes, the request ran from the beginning at the same time. Meanwhile, I could solve the problem myself: Installing SMB1 on Windows 10 and on the NAS drive configure from SMB2. It works like that, no more write-downs. :)

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”