AS-604T Unable to Update ADM or Factory Reset

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

GaryP53
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS-604T Unable to Update ADM or Factory Reset

Post by GaryP53 »

Hi,

I have an AS 604-T which is currently at ADM 2.7.3. RHQ3. Every time I access the control centre, it wants to update to 3.02.RA22. If I tell it to go ahead, it partly downloads and then a message comes up to warn me about not being able to roll back. That's where it stays and won't go any further. If I try to move the warning out the way to see the progress bar, it creates another one, etc etc.

I have tried manual update - no success.

I have created a back up and told it to restore factory default settings. That just stalls too.

I am at the point of pulling the hard drives and ditching the rest because I have wasted more billable hours than a new empty one will cost me. And it won't be Asustor :cry:

Can anyone offer any suggestions please?

Cheers,

Gary
orion

Re: AS-604T Unable to Update ADM or Factory Reset

Post by orion »

So, you backup your data externally, right?

Then, I would suggest you to re-initialize NAS (because your ADM version is too old). Simply remove all of your disks, then turn NAS on. After NAS is ready and you see the setup wizard. You can put your disks back and follow the guidance of the wizard. After done (without installing other apps), you can try to upgrade ADM to the latest version.

However, if the upgrade failed, I believe you can only send a support request to asustor. https://support.asustor.com/
GaryP53

Re: AS-604T Unable to Update ADM or Factory Reset

Post by GaryP53 »

Thanks Orion. That worked and I am now running latest ADM.
All I need to remember now is how to see the NAS in Windows 10 :(

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”