App Central ends support for KODI (what we can do)

Kodi (formally known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub \

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

FOZI
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: App Central ends support for KODI (what we can do)

Post by FOZI »

oh what a dissapointment after reading this post. I bought my AS6302T just for two reason.
1. has a HDMI plug
2. Kodi
3. Backups

Ok mine came with Kodi but it won't install the plugins.

Now both are useless unless I have to re engineer the old Kodi installation etc etc then later flick of a button Asustor could stop all that for me in the future.
What a dissappointment this was. I already had a MeCool box where I had my Kodi and worked fine.

So all the apps in Kodi IMO is BS and duplicatesof each other.

:oops:
sonichanxiao

Post by sonichanxiao »

Hyena wrote:You can find my solution this below if you wants to get back our belowed Kodi to your asustor nas if you updated your app, or uninstalled kodi....
First of all you must uninstall the following apps from that:
x.org (if you uninstall this it will also remove almost everything necessary)
ffmpeg
asustor portal
remote center
web browser

After this you should download the following apps from the asustors website. ( http://appdownload.asustor.com/ )

0010_999_1504679933_ffmpeg_3.3.2.r11_x86-64.apk
0010_999_1507799424_web-browser_1.0.0.R4_x86-64.apk
0010_999_1508989612_remote-center_1.0.0.r157_x86-64.apk
0010_999_1512560310_kodi_17.6.0.R1_x86-64.apk
0010_999_1512708048_xorg_10.14.7.R33_x86-64.apk
0010_999_1513305050_asportal_2.2.4.r1213_x86-64.apk

0010_999_1518494437_soundsgood_2.1.0.r830_x86-64.apk (its opcional but if you wants to use the soundsgood you must download this one also)

If you have everything, you must install them manually one by one , its important to manually install because if you try to install them from the app central it will update the x.org to the latest which will have no sound on the KODI.

Here are the install sequence:

ffmpeg
x.org
web browser
remote center
as portal
kodi

and soundgood if you want it.

If you done everything well you can see 3 available updates in the app central (x.org, ffmpeg, soundsgood) BUT DON'T UPDATE THEM because if you do it you'll have no sound on your ac3/dts movies!

This solution works well for me, but as i can see don't have so many time since maybe a future update will cause more complications...

As to myself i will buy a separated movie player for example a Zidoo X9s, or an Amlogic S905X device (its bloody cheap and works pretty well with libreelec) .
Until now i had a plan to upgrade my AS5104T nas to a new one which capable for 4K video play but without KODI its absolutely meaningless.
Thank you for your instructions.

I just want to confirm that if I follow your steps, I should be able to play video files (mainly mp4 or mkv) with sound right? I think since early 2018, Kodi couldn't play most of my video files. I remember someone mentioned it has something to do with the Kodi 17.x version, not sure if it has something to do with the licensing issue.
docmarc

Post by docmarc »

Test this !

ADD UPNP1 and configure video directory files

In KODI add UPNP source

system > media settings >> manage sources >> videos >>ADD sources >> Browse >>UPNP devices > and choose ASxxxx your Upnp sources

to view AC3 video choose ASxxxxx
samy

Post by samy »

bimbo wrote:Another way, that posted a friend from german forum:
Download this file : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kuozus0qrz9h ... CJq-a?dl=0
and read the readme file. I updated firmware and all apps to newest version and copy the file in .zip afterwards and it work :D

Hope that Asustor will not block this in future...

It perfectly woks for me ! Many many ... many thanks to you and your german friend !!!! I am in the last update of all Applications and firmware , and the simple copy of this codec file in Kodi's appropriate directory with winscp is the only thing I have done and the sound came back !
My blog about Nas
Ptoube

Post by Ptoube »

Have anyone else tryied samy's solution; is it safe?
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Ptoube wrote:Have anyone else tryied samy's solution; is it safe?
Hi,

I also tried this method, and it's OK and safe.

If you don't want to do SSH copy, you can try the followings POST. I just package that file into apk for manually install it from App Central.
viewtopic.php?f=98&t=9979
AS3204T / AS6102T , ADM 4.0
AS5304T + kodi 18 => 4K 10bits videos, have a try...
Caesar-NL

Post by Caesar-NL »

Let me start with saying that I'm not a Linux expert. I've dealt with several operating systems, but not with Linux very much.

It seems to me that ADM is just one of the many different Linux distributions around, and maybe it is even based on another distribution, I don't know (yet).

Asustor is no longer allowed to distribute Kodi for legal reasons, patents, licenses, and that kind of stuff that is ruining the whole multimedia market.

However, a Kodi Linux package can be downloaded from the Kodi website.

What would it take to build Kodi from such a package on ADM? Extra components that are not in ADM, but are present in other distributions?

Could someone with some more insight knowledge explain that?
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

A.D.M. is a Linux ... but an embedded Linux, so NOT with all libraries and tools as a more standard distribution.
So Kodi package from Kodi repository can"t be installed as in more standard distribution.
A.D.M. is build for a specific usage, so with all require modules and libraries BUT not as a "general purpose Linux"

Solutions exist :
... some repackaging for Kodi 17 based on previous Asustor delivery
... ... new version are really more difficult to use this solution due to the lack of require update or new libraries
... some package like myHD APKG that add a complete Ubuntu 18.04 L.T.S. in an isolated environment (Linux terminology, it's not a virtual machine just a secure environment to preserve A.D.M.)
... ... in myHD official delivery from Ubuntu / Kodi can be used
... ... kodi 18 (even Kodi 19 with two basics modification (explain in myHD sub-forum))
... ... other applications like last Chrome, Plex Media Player, etc.
... myHD have associated APKG (like MH-kodi18) that are launcher in Asportal for application running in myHD SO FOR THE USER it's like as with any Asportal package on HDMI screen output
... ... advantage is : all libraries can be updated easily (one command) including video acceleration and security update
... ... ... User interface is a command in a terminal or for a part in a Web User Interface
... ... ... new application can be added (from Ubuntu repository) and launcher easily created
... ... conversely this require some space (for Ubuntu environment) and to have a minimum knowledge of Linux interface (so as in A.D.M.) in case of debugging.

In complement rebuild by me, a version of last Kodi17.6 is also installed as a private (not Ubuntu managed) application in myHD, this is for test before updating to 18.x or if you prefer this version.

In all case ... all is open and you can build your own solution ...
Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
Caesar-NL

Post by Caesar-NL »

Thanks Philippe.

My brand new AS5202T is still initializing its disks. but I have installed the latest version of ADM and Asustor Portal. I tried to find My HD, but haven't been able to locate it. Where can I find it?
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
Caesar-NL wrote:Thanks Philippe.
My brand new AS5202T is still initializing its disks. but I have installed the latest version of ADM and Asustor Portal. I tried to find My HD, but haven't been able to locate it. Where can I find it?
Not tested on all series (I own only an AS5002T) BUT ... others users seems to get good result ...
viewtopic.php?f=227&t=10362&start=30#p33423

Download section also have link to Associated APKG.

Philippe.
NB sorry for the delay ... I am in travel
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “Kodi”