[myHD 0.9.4 R.C.4] Application server for Kodi, Plex, etc. on Ubuntu 1604/1804

myHD is an isolated (namespace (mnt, IPC, PID)) Ubuntu environment to run Ubuntu application displayed as ASUSTOR Asportal / Xorg applications.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

WTF
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [myHD 0.9.1 R.C.1] Application server for Kodi, Plex, etc.

Post by WTF »

peterk80 wrote:Do you think it's worth the trouble? Does asustor really listens to Feature requests?
off course NOT!
they're only interested in sales increase and business clients!
otherwise you would see help and support from them, to get things work (jd) again (kodi)!
that's the reason why I'm switching to a hp micro proliant after many years with many asustor nas...
AS5104T - ADM 2.7.3 RI21 - 8GB
Data_Dan

Re: [myHD 0.9.1 R.C.1] Some questions before installing.

Post by Data_Dan »

I just discovered this thread, I usually don't scroll down this far in the Developer's Corner LOL!
I have a couple of questions, I currently have Kodi 17, PMP, Amazon Prime and Chrome installed via App Central and residing in the ASPortal. Do the apps in myHD affect those apps or is it separate from those?
Do I need Linux Center installed or does Ubuntu do the same thing?
If this is a "shell or vm" what is the performance like? I have an AS7004t with 10 gigs.
Thanks.
father.mande

Re: [myHD 0.9.1 R.C.1] Some questions before installing.

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
Data_Dan wrote:I just discovered this thread, I usually don't scroll down this far in the Developer's Corner LOL!
I have a couple of questions, I currently have Kodi 17, PMP, Amazon Prime and Chrome installed via App Central and residing in the ASPortal. Do the apps in myHD affect those apps or is it separate from those?
Do I need Linux Center installed or does Ubuntu do the same thing?
If this is a "shell or vm" what is the performance like? I have an AS7004t with 10 gigs.
Thanks.
myHD and Kodi18, 17, pmp inside are TOTALLY independent (and for APKG build by me for Asportal before ... at an updated version)
myHD and companion can run in version of A.D.M. 2.6 and 3.3 Beta without change
myHD is an isolated (chroot + namespace) Ubuntu 16.04 (up to Asustor move libva to 1.8.3 or more when we can update to 18.04) environment (hidden) DON'T require any other piece of software or APKG (only Apache web server is useful for administration even command line is more complete for the moment)
... so NO V.M., no Linux Center ... the interest of this solution : it's like a Linux Center(so update will be done by Ubuntu package tools ... so immediately available WITHOUT the need to wait for a new APKG) BUT applications in myHD (in contrary of Linux Center) use Asportal (like previous applications) and the Xorg provide by Asustor ... so no difference for the user ... but also with restriction attached to Asustor delivery (limited windows manager, no multitask, "old" libva (video acceleration) libraries).

myHD consomme NOTHING except a small memory footprint when nothing run inside, but use same CPU and just a little more memory when an application run as Kodi18 or PMP ... so having 2 GB or more (better) are require.

I own only a unique AS5002T ... so I can't know if some specific things are needed on new series or model.

myHD use the A.D.M. network stack ... so can use as any application your 10 GBits link

Philippe.
Read the install procedure with a pre-download of files require to gain time for installation.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
BeatB

Re: [myHD 0.9.1 R.C.1] Application server for Kodi, Plex, etc.

Post by BeatB »

Wow, I really appreciate your work. Finally an other way to install apps on our beloved NAS.

I installed everything as described.

Just one important question, if I already have installed Kodi 17 running on my asustor (without myHD), will it replace this installation if I install Kodi 18 via myHD?

EDIT:
Ok i was too fast with posting, I just read the post above mine now and understad that it is fully indepented, so it wont affect my KODI 17 installation on ASPORTAL. Great!
father.mande

Re: [myHD 0.9.2 R.C.2] Application server for Kodi, Plex, etc.

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

I am please to propose a small update to myHD 0.9.2 before providing more applications

[Version]
0.9.2 R.C.2
... solve some bugs
... ADD Enable or Disable WebUI (for security) ... using myHD command you can do this.
... ADD (first draft) MULTI LANGUAGE support for WebUI (provide en and fr) BUT easy to add your own language or change existing (and send it to me for integration)
... ... language are folder in /share/Web/myHD/text/LANG and text file are with mandatory name (for each cgi) and suffixed by .data
... ... due to NON caching of web page you can test immediately change and do partial translation (English is loaded first) so missing text back to English
... ... save your works, at this time it's not preserved by future update
... ADD change password for WebUI or add your own credentials (one or multiple) and remove it (include myhd user) new credentials are preserved in future update
... This update as usual preserve the Ubuntu environment and settings ...

Download is in first post of this topics.

Philippe.
blopper

Post by blopper »

HI Philippe

I have downloaded your apk on my laptop, version 0.9.2, then installed myHD on my Asustor NAS (AS6204T running ADM version 3.2.7.RRE3) using the manual process from my laptop.
A new icon appeared on the ADM Portal: myHD.
Still using my laptop, when clicking on this icon, I see a new tab open then close in my browser (chrome).
Tried without all extensions disabled to prevent pop-up killers.
Tried with my anti-virus on pause.
Tried after restarting the NAS.
Tried opening a new tab and keying "http://192.168.233.18/myHD/apkg_mgr.cgi?STATUS=yes" as disclosed on your video.

Can't access myHD interface.
Is there a way to confirm myHD is properly installed?
Any clue on what is not working?

Merci Philippe
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
blopper wrote:HI Philippe

I have downloaded your apk on my laptop, version 0.9.2, then installed myHD on my Asustor NAS (AS6204T running ADM version 3.2.7.RRE3) using the manual process from my laptop.
A new icon appeared on the ADM Portal: myHD.
Still using my laptop, when clicking on this icon, I see a new tab open then close in my browser (chrome).
Tried without all extensions disabled to prevent pop-up killers.
Tried with my anti-virus on pause.
Tried after restarting the NAS.
Tried opening a new tab and keying "http://192.168.233.18/myHD/apkg_mgr.cgi?STATUS=yes" as disclosed on your video.

Can't access myHD interface.
Is there a way to confirm myHD is properly installed?
Any clue on what is not working?

Merci Philippe
Did you have the Apache Web server Enable ???
myHD is a Web application, but due to the lack of information to include it in the Web Admin ... I will used the Apache Web server ...

The Web interface is only a web display of the current myHD command, so you can run in a console (ssh) using root / your_password this command
ex. web STATUS = "myHD status" command line .

Code: Select all

root@AS5002TAPHIL:/volume1/.@root # myHD status
==== is myHD running ?
====  myHD is running
==== myHD Version  0.9.2
====
==== Ubuntu Version in use :  1804
====
==== PID is  9595
====
====  List of tasks running in myHD
==== ==== PID are internal to myHD not as in A.D.M.
==== ==== user name are internal to myHD not as in A.D.M.
UID        PID  PPID  C STIME TTY          TIME CMD
root         1     0  0 May01 pts/2    00:00:00 /bin/bash
root        69     1  0 May01 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/cron
message+    89     1  0 May01 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --system
root        96     1  0 May01 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/dropbear -p 6222 -W 65536
admin      148     1  0 May01 ?        00:00:00 /bin/bash /myHD_scripts/bin/myserv_user
astr       159     1  0 May01 ?        00:00:00 /bin/bash /myHD_scripts/bin/myserv_user
root     12011     1  0 15:59 pts/2    00:00:00 ps -eaf
====
====  List of user know by myHD
LIST of user in myHD :
root (NOT Asustor root user but real root myHD user)
admin
astr (it's Asustor root user MAPPED as astr user in myHD)
End of the list
====
====  port used by myHD internal dropbear server
Internal Listen interface and port used :
DROPBEAR_PORT=6222
====
====  List shared ressources defined in myHD
/dev/md1 on /share/Media type btrfs (rw,relatime,space_cache,subvolid=257,subvol=/base/Media)
/dev/md1 on /share/Music type btrfs (rw,relatime,space_cache,subvolid=257,subvol=/base/Music)
====
root@AS5002TAPHIL:/volume1/.@root #
The result can differ (because Ubuntu 18.04 will arrive soon ... )

You can get detail about CLI command in this post : viewtopic.php?f=42&t=10189

Philippe.
blopper

Post by blopper »

father.mande wrote: Did you have the Apache Web server Enable ???
Philippe.
Bingo. Not web server was enable at the time of the installation.
Now I have it, and I can see that myHD is running !
==== is myHD running ?
==== myHD is running
==== myHD Version 0.9.2

Defined a shared server, used AppCentrl to install KODI 18.1.
Reboot.
Touch wood...
blopper

Post by blopper »

Superb, merci Philippe

Now my last pain will be with KODI itself, and the need to find the folder containing my movies.
I DID declare a directory as shared and accessible for myHD
==== List of already included folder / link and (after the : )mount point in myHD (empty = same PATH)
/share/Download:
==== End of list

But I can't access it yet through KODI, what ever the protocol.

Great job anyway, Philippe.
Merci
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
blopper wrote:Superb, merci Philippe

Now my last pain will be with KODI itself, and the need to find the folder containing my movies.
I DID declare a directory as shared and accessible for myHD
==== List of already included folder / link and (after the : )mount point in myHD (empty = same PATH)
/share/Download:
==== End of list

But I can't access it yet through KODI, what ever the protocol.

Great job anyway, Philippe.
Merci
Did you restart myHD ("myHD restart" command line) after adding your folder ??? because the isolation (namespace) require to
1 define folder(s) to share
2 restart myHD to inform myHD that this folder(s) is now accessible

After you can see the file (except if access (A.D.M. point of view) right are too restrictive

Philippe.
NB provide myHD status ... in myHD status at bottom you can get the accessible shared folder ... not the define ...

Return to “myHD”