It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:31 am
All times are UTC + 8 hours

Need Help

Share your awesome tips and tricks here.

Need Help

Postby Jussumguy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:12 am

Hi,

I just set up my new 6302t. The drives are currently synchronizing. I am having some problems.

Firstly registration doesn't seem to be working. Under settings>registration my email address is present, if I click on it all the info is there and correct, but nowhere does it say "registered", nor have I received any confirmation of registration.

Secondly when I login to the web gui it always uses "admin" for name and "admin" for password, how do I change this to something else?

And lastly (hopefully) the intended use for this unit is local access only, no access from the internet. Can someone link me to a guide on settings to ensure the nas can't be seen or accessed from outside the lan.

I really appreciate any help, thanks.
Jussumguy

Re: Need Help

Postby orion » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:18 am

No errors on registration should be fine.
You can change admin password under ADM web -> Access Control -> Local users -> admin -> Edit.
If you put your NAS inside your LAN (behind a gateway with NAT enabled), that should be secured enough normally. Don't enable DDNS and EZ-router (under settings -> manual connect). Don't enable EZ-Connect (under settings -> EZ-Connect).
orion

Re: Need Help

Postby Jussumguy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:32 pm

orion wrote:You can change admin password under ADM web -> Access Control -> Local users -> admin -> Edit.

Hey thanks. I checked that. The name portion says admin and is grey, I can't select it. The password I could change.
However....still when I login to the nas the only name and password that works are admin/admin. I must've messed something up somewhere.
Jussumguy

Return to Tips & Tricks