Need Help

Share your awesome tips and tricks here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Jussumguy
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Need Help

Post by Jussumguy »

Hi,

I just set up my new 6302t. The drives are currently synchronizing. I am having some problems.

Firstly registration doesn't seem to be working. Under settings>registration my email address is present, if I click on it all the info is there and correct, but nowhere does it say "registered", nor have I received any confirmation of registration.

Secondly when I login to the web gui it always uses "admin" for name and "admin" for password, how do I change this to something else?

And lastly (hopefully) the intended use for this unit is local access only, no access from the internet. Can someone link me to a guide on settings to ensure the nas can't be seen or accessed from outside the lan.

I really appreciate any help, thanks.
orion

Re: Need Help

Post by orion »

No errors on registration should be fine.
You can change admin password under ADM web -> Access Control -> Local users -> admin -> Edit.
If you put your NAS inside your LAN (behind a gateway with NAT enabled), that should be secured enough normally. Don't enable DDNS and EZ-router (under settings -> manual connect). Don't enable EZ-Connect (under settings -> EZ-Connect).
Jussumguy

Re: Need Help

Post by Jussumguy »

orion wrote:You can change admin password under ADM web -> Access Control -> Local users -> admin -> Edit.
Hey thanks. I checked that. The name portion says admin and is grey, I can't select it. The password I could change.
However....still when I login to the nas the only name and password that works are admin/admin. I must've messed something up somewhere.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”