Asustor Supported apps are NOT updated

Got a feature request? Great! Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

peterk80
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Asustor Supported apps are NOT updated

Post by peterk80 »

Marco@ASUSTOR Hello everyone.

I'd like to see Xorg and Ffmpeg updated to the latest, so we can enjoy the newest videoacceleration (libva) on my NAS as6404t including kernel upstream ofcourse.
And I would like to ask if Asportal could be based on a more capable windowmanager than evilwm, something like openbox for ex.

Thanks in advance.
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

Hey there,I'll send a message to our product management team about updating those apps as well.

ASUSTOR Portal right now we're currently, but quietly working on to improve since the end of Kodi. I have some good ideas and If you have ideas for Portal or any other apps, please post to the Ideas forum and we'll read them.
dkobelak

Post by dkobelak »

Marco@ASUSTOR wrote:
ShaMana wrote:I hope mono comes soon.
Is there anything from the updated that you find missing from the current version?
as of now mono 5.18 is available.. current mono 5.8 or 5.14 in beta section does not have TLS 1.2 (BTLS) support compiled in.. because of this Radarr app is no longer functioning properly as TLS1.0 has been removed from TMDB which is used as search engine in Radarr.. hope we can get a proper mono version very soon..
AS-5104T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 4x3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300;BIOS: v1.21 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2
AS-6204T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 3x8TB Seagate Ironwolf ST8000VN0022;BIOS: v2.23 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

Mono 5.18 is currently being tested. Expected release will be within two weeks.
dkobelak

Post by dkobelak »

Marco@ASUSTOR wrote:Mono 5.18 is currently being tested. Expected release will be within two weeks.
great! thanks for the update on this!
AS-5104T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 4x3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300;BIOS: v1.21 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2
AS-6204T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 3x8TB Seagate Ironwolf ST8000VN0022;BIOS: v2.23 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2
CryZ

Post by CryZ »

Hey,
any news on Update to PHP7 ??
I asked the Support on 11. December 2018 if there will be an update to PHP7.
The day after, I got an answer, that the Ticket will be forwarded to theengineer team for further evaluation.
After this I never heard again from it.
With the months, I asked to more times in the ticket for an status update and changed priority but stil no answer.
I'm so frustrated right now.
Ticket ID #27202 btw.
Storage: AS-6202T
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

CryZ wrote:Hey,
The day after, I got an answer, that the Ticket will be forwarded to theengineer team for further evaluation.
With the months, I asked to more times in the ticket for an status update and changed priority but stil no answer.
Ticket ID #27202 btw.
Hey there. I apologise for the inconvenience. There seems to be a misunderstanding between the parties involved in the conversation. I asked our support team about the issue. They understood your request as a form of feedback. They have forwarded it to the development team and considered the issue to be 'solved'. Development of our apps takes time and they are currently working on it. We at ASUSTOR need to thoroughly test the apps multiple times across all of our models to minimise the risk of bugs and incompatibilities. I would highly suggest that feedback and requests be posted into the feedback section of our forums because the appropriate personnel read those forums, including myself from time to time. Support is primarily focused on helping end users with questions on how to use the NAS and issues.

But to answer your question, yes, PHP7 remains in the works as of this moment and I continue to appreciate your patience. I will continue to fight for you. If you have feedback like this, please find me instead. I'm better suited to help you. If you have an issue or hardware failure, contact support. I will continue to fight for you.

I asked them to close the ticket. I'll take care of you from now on.
kdoussaint

Post by kdoussaint »

Seriously, It would be time to update, I am really working on my "poor" synology 215J wich got php7 instead of my Asustor 5004T with an intel and lt of ram, this is insane :(
CryZ

Post by CryZ »

Marco@ASUSTOR wrote:
CryZ wrote:Hey,
Ticket ID #27202 btw.
Hey there. I apologise for the inconvenience. There seems to be a misunderstanding between the parties involved in the conversation. I asked our support team about the issue. They understood your request as a form of feedback. They have forwarded it to the development team and considered the issue to be 'solved'. Development of our apps takes time and they are currently working on it. We at ASUSTOR need to thoroughly test the apps multiple times across all of our models to minimise the risk of bugs and incompatibilities. I would highly suggest that feedback and requests be posted into the feedback section of our forums because the appropriate personnel read those forums, including myself from time to time. Support is primarily focused on helping end users with questions on how to use the NAS and issues.

But to answer your question, yes, PHP7 remains in the works as of this moment and I continue to appreciate your patience. I will continue to fight for you. If you have feedback like this, please find me instead. I'm better suited to help you. If you have an issue or hardware failure, contact support. I will continue to fight for you.

I asked them to close the ticket. I'll take care of you from now on.
At least good to hear, that they work on it.
So one month later, any progress?

Saw a small notice in the Changelog of PhotoGallery:
v2.0.1.r351

- Adjust framework for PHP 7.0
- Fixed some share-link incorrect issues
*Note: Please update Photo Gallery to 2.0.1.r351 or above if PHP7 is installed.

Maybe we can expect an ADM Update with PHP7 soon?! *Hopefully*
Storage: AS-6202T
dhstsw

Post by dhstsw »

Well, i guess it's time for me to say goodby to asustor and go for products with a sustainable minimum of development.
As usual, the state of the apps mantained by Asustor is 'late' (to be 'good') and as for the 3rd party ones, well, it's a really depressing view.

See Jacket, just as an example: curator had enough years ago and jumped ship (frankly, can't blame him), version downloadable is 0.7.1609 - it doesn't update and current version on github is 0.11.375.

I don't have any particular regret about the hardware itself but i can't really stay on a platform where nobody is taking care to keep basic structure and applications up to date.

So long.
AS-304T
If you own a series 2/3/6 Asustor it's very likely you won't get XBMC 13.x/Kodi.
But easily you'll end buying a kitchen from UK.

Return to “Feature Requests”