Size of applications

Enjoy high definition brilliance with your NAS and ASUSTOR Portal

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

jorge6880
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Size of applications

Post by jorge6880 »

WHe I try to use Chrome, Chromium or Firefox, the size of the application itself doesn´t allow to use them. Them are all oversize, it doesn´t matter resolution applied to TV parameters or overscan?
Any idea?
I´m gettin so tired of "Asustor Portal" being useless...
orion

Re: Size of applications

Post by orion »

It should a "feature" of your TV. You can try to find the related setting in your TV (disabled cropping or PC mode).

You can connect to a "PC monitor" to make sure of it. (PC monitor does not own this "feature" normally.)
jorge6880

Post by jorge6880 »

You didn´t ever read properly my post, did you??

Is not my TV ******!

I can see properly Asustor portal main page but not the Aplications, dammit.

READ my post again, pleas
orion

Post by orion »

I did read it properly. Then? If you can not describe "your problem" correctly, no one can help you.
Last edited by orion on Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

jorge6880 wrote:WHe I try to use Chrome, Chromium or Firefox, the size of the application itself doesn´t allow to use them. Them are all oversize, it doesn´t matter resolution applied to TV parameters or overscan?
Any idea?
I´m gettin so tired of "Asustor Portal" being useless...
Hi! I'd love it if you can post some pics so I can see your issue more clearly.
jorge6880

Post by jorge6880 »

There you go, but is quite easy to understand.
"asustor portal" size are ok, Apps are oversize.
You can find same issu on other plattforms is no TV resolution, is app GUI size:
https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/2016/ ... er-update/
2019-01-02 19.39.41.jpg
2019-01-02 19.39.41.jpg (5.74 MiB) Viewed 7920 times
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

Which NAS are you using? Model of TV? Have you attempted connecting a different monitor/TV?
jorge6880

Post by jorge6880 »

Marco@ASUSTOR wrote:Which NAS are you using? Model of TV? Have you attempted connecting a different monitor/TV?
You really have no idea what are you talking about, ¿Do you?
Stop trying to blame the TV or the user!!!
¿Could you concentrate into the Asustor Portal Software !!!

Is a **** TV I've been using for 8 years An LG
Yes I tried other TV
THE FAILING THIN IS THIS CRAPPY ASUSTOR AS6204T
jorge6880

Post by jorge6880 »

By the way, it started to do the resizing thing after one of those criminal updates, one like the one that killed Kodi...
And stop asking for the TV, if you are a professional you should not try to blame others, have you check the screenshots I've posted? On them you can see CLEARLY that in the main Asustor Portal you have the GUI sized properly, but when you start one of the few apps that Asustor Portal provides the software (Asustor Portal) send a wrong parameter to the app, Chrome, Chromium, etc... and the app do not display properly.
So, please, don't ask me again for TV or stupid question that make users believe that you (Asustor) are not a proper company but a gang in a garage...
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

jorge6880 wrote:By the way, it started to do the resizing thing after one of those criminal updates, one like the one that killed Kodi...
And stop asking for the TV, if you are a professional you should not try to blame others, have you check the screenshots I've posted? On them you can see CLEARLY that in the main Asustor Portal you have the GUI sized properly, but when you start one of the few apps that Asustor Portal provides the software (Asustor Portal) send a wrong parameter to the app, Chrome, Chromium, etc... and the app do not display properly.
So, please, don't ask me again for TV or stupid question that make users believe that you (Asustor) are not a proper company but a gang in a garage...
Sir, I'm trying to help you.

One. I did not ONCE blame the TV. Not at all. But for me to replicate the problem here at the office of which we work at, I'd like to know all of the information so that I can replicate the issue and look towards a solution.
Secondly, I did not ONCE blame you or the user. Again, I need the information.

Now. You're having a problem and I want to help you. Please answer my questions. I need to know the TV's model number. Which TVs/monitors have you tried? It is certainly possible that our NAS may have an incompatibility with certain TVs or monitors that we are not aware of and I want to find out so that I can fix the issues. I understand your frustrations and I'm here to help, I once had this problem too with my video card and for some reason it just didn't like my original TV, no matter what I tried. It happens. I can't make the product better if you're screaming at me and not providing the information I need to make our products better and fix the problems. So please humour me and answer my questions respectfully.

Here's our office by the way. https://www.google.ca/maps/@25.1242842, ... 312!8i6656 136 Daye Road, Taipei City, Taiwan.

jorge6880 wrote:
Marco@ASUSTOR wrote:Which NAS are you using? Model of TV? Have you attempted connecting a different monitor/TV?
You really have no idea what are you talking about, ¿Do you?
Stop trying to blame the TV or the user!!!
¿Could you concentrate into the Asustor Portal Software !!!

Is a **** TV I've been using for 8 years An LG
Yes I tried other TV
THE FAILING THIN IS THIS CRAPPY ASUSTOR AS6204T
Please respect the members of this forum whom are trying to help you. If you disrespect other members, I will have to take action.

Return to “ASUSTOR Portal”