High CPU usage

Using mobile device's (Phone / Tablet) YouTube APP to cast videos on Asustor Portal and watch videos through big screen.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

boilerbots
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

High CPU usage

Post by boilerbots »

When I enable "Looks Good" which enables "Media Cast" there is a python process that consumes 50% of the CPU. I stop the service and it terminates. This is on a brand new system that I just unboxed, no media loaded on the system.
Marco@ASUSTOR

Re: High CPU usage

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

boilerbots wrote:When I enable "Looks Good" which enables "Media Cast" there is a python process that consumes 50% of the CPU. I stop the service and it terminates. This is on a brand new system that I just unboxed, no media loaded on the system.
Hi! The app is working to create thumbnails and do preparations. It will stop asking for CPU cycles when it is done doing its work and cleanup.
boilerbots

Post by boilerbots »

I have not added any media files yet, what is it doing and for how long should it run?
boilerbots

Post by boilerbots »

After adding files and letting it process them, the CPU usage dropped to a normal background level. Not sure what it was doing when the folders where all empty.
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

boilerbots wrote:After adding files and letting it process them, the CPU usage dropped to a normal background level. Not sure what it was doing when the folders where all empty.
Notta clue. I'd love detailed info on specs, hard drives, apps installed, which NAS, to try to recreate the issue.

Return to “Media Cast”