CLOSED ... [myHD new APKG] ALPHA 1

Who doesn't love third-party apps? Get together and talk about them here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

father.mande
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

CLOSED ... [myHD new APKG] ALPHA 1

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

I am please to announce the availability of a new APKG : myHD
myHD is a complete Ubuntu 16.04 (for the moment) able to support Ubuntu Applications like Kodi18 but also (port by myself) Kodi17.6 and PlexMediaPlayer and hundred of others applications ...
myHD is NOT a "Linux Station" ... it use Asportal (and Xorg) provide by Asustor ... so ALL applications are view as Asportal Application
myHD is secure (it's a name space chroot environment with private PID, Mount, IPC ... to protect your NAS)
myHD use Ubuntu internal update / upgrade ... so NEVER wait for last version, last security patches, last library update

Before introducing more detail a screen shot : (Right click and open in a new windows or scroll down to see)
myHD in Asportal
myHD in Asportal
myHD_reduit.png (1014.08 KiB) Viewed 6240 times
Some Details :
myHD is an Alpha version but working (with certainly bugs) ... so some part are "works in progress"
myHD included applications (but you must add more) :
... kodi18 RC2 ; Kodi17.6 ; PlexMediaPlayer 2 ; Chrome last stable (v74) ; netfilx and Primevideo (even Asustor version works as well) ; Vlc ... etc. etc.
myHD install is a little long (due to the download of the full Ubuntu environment) BUT you can use a script to pre-download the requested file to reduce the elapse at installation time.
myHD works in 3 parts :
... part1 the APKG itself
... part2 the Ubuntu
... part3 the MH_xxx APKG to launch myHD application and provide Asportal icons
A specific uninstall procedure is provided to avoid risk for your data (and if you remove myHD but forget to remove others parts ... we provide script to do the complete remove ... )
myHD include an APKG generator
... to create then install MH_xxx myHD application launcher
... BUT also open for add your own (3 files are requested ... a short xxxx.cfg (config : Version, Icon name, Shell name, color backgroun for Asportal icon), a unique icon 256x256 or any square icon, a start_up shell script to launch the application in myHD)
... the generator can create the .apk, install, remove it etc. etc.
myHD use Video Acceleration, pulseaudio and direct HDMI sound ... support A.V.R. (with usual problems)

Knows problems :
Linked to Asustor :
... Asportal (aswm) windows manager don't provide decoration and top bar (except for Chrome) and I don't know how change this ...
... Asportal don't have task bar and don't have login to manage multi-user (when myHD can if this exist a day ... in asportal)
... A.D.M. use kernel 4.4.24 ... GPL source generate bad modules ... so some application (for ex. snap) can't run at this time
... A.D.M. use kernel 4.4.24 ... that contains know bugs for some Namespace management (ex. nsenter) ... solved in 4.8 and more L.T.S. delivery
... A.D.M. build seem to use Pivot root and some incompatible mode to run the Ubuntu at systemd init ... so this add few (but real) constraints.
... Xorg / Asportal propose Video Acceleration (VA-API) version 1.7.x ... this prevent standard Ubuntu 18.04 to works (V. 2.x is compatible only with 1.8.3 version) ... under works
... ... I will have to rebuild VA-API for 18.04 availability ... but it's against my target to keep Ubuntu unchanged (as possible) except configuration files
Linked to myHD :
... kodi18 take long time to close at exit (in fact Kodi18 stop in 2 second ... but Asportal screen come back after 25 sec.) ... kodi17 don't have this problem it's under study
... myHD don't support Autorun (even I have to test a solution)
... myHD can use (or not) remote control ... I don't have any information about how add and choice remote control configuration (But external remote through Android or IOS works as well ... )
... and lot of unknown for the moment bugs.

myHD is Alpha because I have only ONE NAS for development and test ... so something can works in my system and perhaps not on other NAS (except some require configuration)

Target for first delivery : Start of next week
I search testers ... even I think it's not possible to break your NAS ... it's always a risk ...

Philippe.
Last edited by father.mande on Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
itdaboyz

Re: [myHD new APKG] Teaser for ALPHA 1 (Kodi18/17 and more)

Post by itdaboyz »

Really great!

You plan to release this on which NAS? x86 x64 only or also ARM?
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
itdaboyz wrote:Really great!
You plan to release this on which NAS? x86 x64 only or also ARM?
For this version ... require Asportal ... so x86_64 only
But the structure is ready (for non graphic) for any architecture ... BUT it's step by step.

Philippe.
Darkmagister

Post by Darkmagister »

i've installed myhd now on my as6404t nas, with adm 3.2.6
i've only installed kodi18 and i will try it tonight, but one thing is strange, if i try to do
myHD apt_upgrade_package
root@localhost's password:

it ask fo a password, i've tried with mine but it doesn't work, and i don't see any password in the instruction

ps. i've had to edit the myHD file because there where issue with ps -eaf (-eaf doesn't work on my machine) and also the path of useradd and addgroup are not ok, i'm not sure that just removing the -eaf it's ok (the only option available is -w)

/usr/sbin/useradd
/opt/sbin/addgroup

thanks
AS6404T
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
Darkmagister wrote:i've installed myhd now on my as6404t nas, with adm 3.2.6
i've only installed kodi18 and i will try it tonight, but one thing is strange, if i try to do
myHD apt_upgrade_package

it ask fo a password, i've tried with mine but it doesn't work, and i don't see any password in the instruction

ps. i've had to edit the myHD file because there where issue with ps -eaf (-eaf doesn't work on my machine) and also the path of useradd and addgroup are not ok, i'm not sure that just removing the -eaf it's ok (the only option available is -w)

/usr/sbin/useradd
/opt/sbin/addgroup

thanks
Thanks to test this first Beta
1 YES the update don't work as expected in this release, unfortunately the new beta is a little postponed due to the crash of my AS5002T (and it's the only system I have)
... the password require is the root password INSIDE the separate namespace of Ubuntu ... default is asusfr1
... you can change it by enter in Ubuntu as root (myHD_root) and change password (passwd)
BUT all will be solved in next BETA or R.C. ... myHD come from a previous development on another NAS brand ... and some difference need to be solved (so it's why it's a BETA)

2 please provide the change you do ... because as you I add Entware (with procps and user management) so as you the ps called is the Entware (so full GNU) and not the ps provide by Asustor (busybox applet)
... I can solve this if newt release when I know where it is ...

Philippe.
Darkmagister

Post by Darkmagister »

so attached is the edited file https://mega.nz/#!xIAEhAJB!AH_W8dFasQdZ ... vdPNZ5gG5w

so i can install ps from entware ... ok

and thanks for the explanation on the password
bet there are still something wrong i think

Code: Select all

Fetched 111 MB in 44s (2510 kB/s)
dpkg: warning: 'ldconfig' not found in PATH or not executable
dpkg: warning: 'start-stop-daemon' not found in PATH or not executable
dpkg: error: 2 expected programs not found in PATH or not executable
Note: root's PATH should usually contain /usr/local/sbin, /usr/sbin and /sbin
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 45 not upgraded.
it downloaded some package from apt, than that error occur and it ask for the password again and nothing to be done ...
but if i execute the update again it will try again to download the package and give the same error

btw, i tried connecting to ubuntu with myHD_root and than doing an apt-get upgrade in there and this seems to work

i'll try that and see :D
AS6404T
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Yes up to next myHD update (but Ubuntu is not changed ... so light update) you must do apt-get update ; apt-get dist-upgrade in an Ubuntu terminal as root (Ubuntu one with asusfr1 password as default)

To suppress the need to enter password you can do (a sort of incomplete but working patch) :
ATTENTION connect you as root(A.D.M.)/your_password don't use admin user ...
cp -p /usr/local/.myHD/myHD_1604_scripts/files/authorized_keys /usr/local/.myHD/1604/root/.ssh/

... so the internal connection between A.D.M. to Ubuntu myHD will be done without password control

Apologize again ... but it's a Beta ... and when you share current NAS (used) / development platform and test platform (all in one) it's kind of problems you can get.

Philippe.
Darkmagister

Post by Darkmagister »

yes i understand the state of this project, and it's not a problem, also you are super available in the support, i was just informing on the situation to help you :D

it's not a big deal to insert the password, also i've copied that file file but it still asking me for the password, something need a restart maybe ?

thank you again

EDIT: i've enabled the vnc server, now i have tried to execute kodi18 in asportal, but on vnc i only see a black screen for 30 second and then back to asportal (same if i try to execute MH-test) there is still something that i need to do in order to start kodi18 ?
AS6404T
father.mande

CLOSED

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

PLEASE consider this topic as CLOSED (I don't have access rigth to lock it ... )

Philippe.

Return to “Developer's Corner”