Encrypted folder transfer speed in 3.2.4.RNN1

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Pewl
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Encrypted folder transfer speed in 3.2.4.RNN1

Post by Pewl »

I just updated my AS1002T to ADM version 3.2.4.RNN1 and my encrypted volume transfer speed is really slow compared to what it used to be. Unfortunately I do not have any reference numbers before the update but now I get around 0.7MB/s to encrypted folder and about 80MB/s to non-encrypted folder. Both folders are in the same volume.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
Marco@ASUSTOR

Re: Encrypted folder transfer speed in 3.2.4.RNN1

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

Pewl wrote:I just updated my AS1002T to ADM version 3.2.4.RNN1 and my encrypted volume transfer speed is really slow compared to what it used to be. Unfortunately I do not have any reference numbers before the update but now I get around 0.7MB/s to encrypted folder and about 80MB/s to non-encrypted folder. Both folders are in the same volume.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
If you are able to give me a little bit of time, I can certainly take a look into this.
heikno

Post by heikno »

I can confirm I have the same issue on my AS1002T. I think the problem started after updating to ADM 3.2.3.RN51. Transfer speed to encrypted shares is under 1 MB/s when 30-40 MB/s is expected.
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

heikno wrote:I can confirm I have the same issue on my AS1002T. I think the problem started after updating to ADM 3.2.3.RN51. Transfer speed to encrypted shares is under 1 MB/s when 30-40 MB/s is expected.
Through ADM file transfers or Windows?
heikno

Post by heikno »

Windows / Samba is my typical use case. But the problem is there even when I SSH to the NAS and then move a file internally on the NAS from an unencrypted volume to an encrypted one (with "mv" command). I guess that means the problem is not network or Samba related. Another interesting observation is that the NAS CPU usage is not peaking during the slow file transfer. It's actually almost idle.
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

heikno wrote:Windows / Samba is my typical use case. But the problem is there even when I SSH to the NAS and then move a file internally on the NAS from an unencrypted volume to an encrypted one (with "mv" command). I guess that means the problem is not network or Samba related. Another interesting observation is that the NAS CPU usage is not peaking during the slow file transfer. It's actually almost idle.
Will definitely look into that. What models of HDDs do you have? Is yours an AS1002T or AS1002T v2?
heikno

Post by heikno »

Thanks for looking into this! The disks are WDC WD15EADS-00P8B0 and WDC WD60EFRX-68L0BN1, in single drive mode. The AS1002T is a 1st generation unit. I have tried creating a new encrypted folder on each of the disks but the same problem persists.
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

heikno wrote:Thanks for looking into this! The disks are WDC WD15EADS-00P8B0 and WDC WD60EFRX-68L0BN1, in single drive mode. The AS1002T is a 1st generation unit. I have tried creating a new encrypted folder on each of the disks but the same problem persists.
Hi, I was able to replicate the issue. I'm going to forward it to our dev team. I apologise and appreciate your patience.
heikno

Post by heikno »

This is fixed in ADM 3.3.0 Beta. Thanks!
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

heikno wrote:This is fixed in ADM 3.3.0 Beta. Thanks!
Happy New Year! Happy it's working out for you.

Return to “[Official] For AS10XX Series”