AS6102T vs AS3202T recommendation

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Dm3k1
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS6102T vs AS3202T recommendation

Post by Dm3k1 »

Hello, I’m looking at buying a NAS and wondering what would be the better purchase.

Both appear to do what im looking for, which is storing files, time machine, and emby (some video transcoding but on a single stream). Difference is about 30$ now, and while the 6102 is a year older and only has a dual core processor it appears it’s much faster with read/write (advertised almost double). I likely would not do a ram upgrade as my needs are pretty light (I could see spinning up a basic web server or email server eventually.. for fun.)

With all that being said what would you all recommend? And is there a reqson why even though the specs for the AS3202T seem better it’s read/writes are slower??
Marco@ASUSTOR

Re: AS6102T vs AS3202T recommendation

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

Dm3k1 wrote:Hello, I’m looking at buying a NAS and wondering what would be the better purchase.

Both appear to do what im looking for, which is storing files, time machine, and emby (some video transcoding but on a single stream). Difference is about 30$ now, and while the 6102 is a year older and only has a dual core processor it appears it’s much faster with read/write (advertised almost double). I likely would not do a ram upgrade as my needs are pretty light (I could see spinning up a basic web server or email server eventually.. for fun.)

With all that being said what would you all recommend? And is there a reqson why even though the specs for the AS3202T seem better it’s read/writes are slower??
Hey there! The reason why the speeds appear to be slower is because that both NAS devices use Gigabit Ethernet. The AS3202T only has ONE Gigabit Ethernet socket. The AS6102T has two. The two LANs can be teamed up with supported hardware to provide up to double the performance. In most cases, unless all of your hardware supports network teaming, which is NOT supported in Windows 10. Speeds will be limited to Gigabit. Hope this helps!

Return to “Presales”