Asustor Supported apps are NOT updated

Got a feature request? Great! Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

itdaboyz
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Asustor Supported apps are NOT updated

Post by itdaboyz »

dhstsw wrote:
Marco@ASUSTOR wrote:Hey hey, be nice. I can't guarantee everything for everyone but I can at least give it a try.
Marco, while i like your enthusiasm, the situation with updates is ways behind the threshold of what is acceptable (as the various posts above demonstrate).

I thrusted Asustor for his 'open' (initial) structure, but time (and it didn't take long, at all) turned the things around.

It started with the whole "XBMX->Kodi" BS (not supporting the 'old' platform, and, please, don't start to blame the Kodi community, it's ridiculous), then the whole AC3 (and so on) removal while apps (and basic system) updates are terribily slow when even made (and yes, Synology and QNap users are in a ways *better* situation).

Even some apps mantainers had enough and started to say bye bye.

If I had money to invest in a new NAS and the drives needed to migrate the datas, i would do the same.

I'd say i'd been "nice" enough those years and maybe (maybe) Asustor, could, at least, afford to cash in some well deserved disthrust.

Just my 2 cents.
I have a similar model (AS 302T), and I share the same opinion.
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

dhstsw wrote:
Marco@ASUSTOR wrote:Hey hey, be nice. I can't guarantee everything for everyone but I can at least give it a try.
Marco, while i like your enthusiasm, the situation with updates is ways behind the threshold of what is acceptable (as the various posts above demonstrate).

I thrusted Asustor for his 'open' (initial) structure, but time (and it didn't take long, at all) turned the things around.

It started with the whole "XBMX->Kodi" BS (not supporting the 'old' platform, and, please, don't start to blame the Kodi community, it's ridiculous), then the whole AC3 (and so on) removal while apps (and basic system) updates are terribily slow when even made (and yes, Synology and QNap users are in a ways *better* situation).

Even some apps mantainers had enough and started to say bye bye.

If I had money to invest in a new NAS and the drives needed to migrate the datas, i would do the same.

I'd say i'd been "nice" enough those years and maybe (maybe) Asustor, could, at least, afford to cash in some well deserved disthrust.

Just my 2 cents.
Then I'm going to take your concerns seriously and bring them to management.
vitosx

Post by vitosx »

Thank you Marco.
We already had breach reports on this forum, when crypto mining software was installed without users' consent... All because of putting such matters to low priority. Asustor can't win clients focusing only on releasing new hardware with 10Gig Ethernet, when core software is flawed.
Kerry

Post by Kerry »

Well, I think Kodi, AC3, Dolby, DTS are irrelevant topic.

If you have AS-304T or AS6x, then XBMC is final because Intel just does not want to support the driver. This has been discussed quite long time before in this forum or in Qnap forum. I have Qnap TS-269L with the same issue as well.

For AC3, Dolby/DTS, it is not unique to Asustor, Synology, Qnap, do not support them for more than 3 years at least... the Dolby/DTS association must be after them for infringement talks.
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

vitosx wrote:Thank you Marco.
We already had breach reports on this forum, when crypto mining software was installed without users' consent... All because of putting such matters to low priority. Asustor can't win clients focusing only on releasing new hardware with 10Gig Ethernet, when core software is flawed.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=9663&p=31179

Hey man, the cryptocurrency vulnerability was fixed with the ADM 3.1.2 update.
Kerry

Post by Kerry »

For the crypto mining issue, I remember that in the forum discussion and also the ADM release notes of 3.1.x, not sure which version though, it is fixed through firmware upgrade.
vitosx

Post by vitosx »

I know it was fixed.
My point was that such thing actually happened in the first place.
Who knows how many of similar breaches went unnoticed and were not about mining crypto, but stealing data from NAS...
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

vitosx wrote:I know it was fixed.
My point was that such thing actually happened in the first place.
Who knows how many of similar breaches went unnoticed and were not about mining crypto, but stealing data from NAS...
I'd be hard pressed to find a tech product available that is completely bug vulnerability free. I personally believe in the product and not even swayed by my paycheque. I'm the first to admit to anyone's face if something is unacceptably wrong.

That said. All ASUSTOR, Microsoft, Busybox, QNAP, Synology, Apple, Google, or anyone else can do is improve the product. I understand your frustration and I know what it feels like when stuff like this happens, but I also have found that great effort was taken to make an even better product. I'm on your side. I'm the techie here and I agree with you. All I can do is take action by letting them know your concerns.
vitosx

Post by vitosx »

And I appreciate your help. :-)
itdaboyz

Post by itdaboyz »

Any news?
That will be 1 month since you informed them, Marco@ASUSTOR.

Return to “Feature Requests”